Cheaper LPG!

If you can drive in and get on a pump straight away it is different, when having to queue the AES can get confused and spark up on gas.

fridges should not be on when in a garage thats why when driving they should be on the alternator so when you pull in to fill up we anything the fridge has a 5 min delay before switching on ( thats if you have a auto fridge ) if not it should not be on gas pulling into a garage this is why you get the third-degree trying to fill up sometimes .cheyenne
One should also tie their laces, they forget, and fall over.

Edit, fridge was an example, it could be any electrical ignition source on a vehicle.

We don't have this problem as I turn off the gas at the tap when we are driving ... so it can't switch to gas. Easy really? If we stop fir a coffee simply turn it on. 5 seconds?
Jeremy

Actually, when you think about it, and using safefill as an example. When filling tank is remote from MH/vehicle, if something were to go wrong such as leakage of sorts, tank is away from any potential ignition source. It was not that long ago someone was filling their internal tank and something went wrong, if memory serves me well, there was leakage at fill point and fridge on gas ignited and MH went on fire 😵‍💫
Yes filling an isolated bottle will be much safer . Obviously most of us don't have the option
Memo to self ; switch fridge off !

My LPG filler is on the opposite side to the fridge.

Yes filling an isolated bottle will be much safer . Obviously most of us don't have the option
Memo to self ; switch fridge off !
You don't need to switch the fridge, just set it to 12V or AC so it is not trying to light. It should not generally be running on the Gas anyway when you are on the move.

My LPG filler is on the opposite side to the fridge.
It does not matter where the filler point is in relation to the Fridge, the gas supply should ALWAYS be switched off when refilling and the fridge NOT set on the gas setting anyway.

While there is nothing physically to make that the case that the Gas is off, it is a clear directive from Gaslow. From their website:
"Always ensure that you Gaslow Cylinders are turned off before filling commences. This applies to all LPG systems not just Gaslow cylinders."

We don't have this problem as I turn off the gas at the tap when we are driving ... so it can't switch to gas. Easy really? If we stop fir a coffee simply turn it on. 5 seconds?
Jeremy
Not enough really. If the gas is off, but the fridge is still set to gas, the sparker could be constantly going trying to start the fridge. Big whoosh of LPG vapour as you remove the nozzle .....

I personally just leave my fridge running all the time on the same setting :)

No point driving out of your way, if we pass a service station , garage ,with signs , in we go top up even if its just few litres..

Interesting thread.
  1. A lot of the big supermarket filling stations in France now seem to be self-service only, pay-at-pump. No-one to challenge you when filling a bottle.
  2. We have a GasBank 11kg Light Composite Refillable, put your mobile phone torch behind the cylinder and you can see the level through the cut-outs.
  3. We are very lucky to have Locks Garage 12 miles up the road (South of Hereford on A465), and their LPG is always a good price.
(y)

Interesting thread.
  1. A lot of the big supermarket filling stations in France now seem to be self-service only, pay-at-pump. No-one to challenge you when filling a bottle.
  2. We have a GasBank 11kg Light Composite Refillable, put your mobile phone torch behind the cylinder and you can see the level through the cut-outs.
  3. We are very lucky to have Locks Garage 12 miles up the road (South of Hereford on A465), and their LPG is always a good price.
(y)
Locks Garage was recommended to me as a good place to fill up for LPG when I left the Rowing Club meet (y) (I didn't actually go there as in the opposite direction to my travels and the diesel used to go there and back would have wiped out the savings 😿 )
But next time passing .... 😺

first LPG stop if we have not filled in the UK is this one in Calais but are mostly at motorway service & filling up should be part of your trip planning .cheyenne

Screenshot 2023-11-16 110931.pngScreenshot 2023-11-16 111111.png

Interesting thread.
(y)
most if not all supermarket stations have been unmanned for years now thats why its cheaper BUT we have never come across one which just lets you help yourself to lpg pump ( for safety reasons ) in all the years we have been going .cheyenne

We don't do planning any more than we have to LPG isn't on the list as we just go with the flow and fill up when we see it, not concerned too much about price max we need is 11.5 litres

most if not all supermarket stations have been unmanned for years now thats why its cheaper BUT we have never come across one which just lets you help yourself to lpg pump ( for safety reasons ) in all the years we have been going .cheyenne
Never had a problem anywhere in filling up when needed.

Unmanned? Really? Maybe self-service? ;) . Even the Costco stations that are totally automated always has someone on duty.
I've only ever filled up at one place where the LPG pump was even visible to the person who controls the pump activation. (but still self-service).

And the last place filled at was TOTALLY self-service.... You go to the pump, reset the meter/counter yourself, put your gas in (again with zero visibility to the person who is at the site), then go to the office and tell them how much you put in and pay.

Unmanned? Really? Maybe self-service? ;) . Even the Costco stations that are totally automated always has someone on duty.
I've only ever filled up at one place where the LPG pump was even visible to the person who controls the pump activation. (but still self-service).

And the last place filled at was TOTALLY self-service.... You go to the pump, reset the meter/counter yourself, put your gas in (again with zero visibility to the person who is at the site), then go to the office and tell them how much you put in and pay.
i am not talking about the UK dont use it here .cheyenne

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back