Fishing

Had a few hours lure fishing this evening near Teignmouth, resulting in 5 Bass, but none of takeable size. Single hook, so easily removed and slipped them back into the oggin.

It's been a while since I heard that one, Chris.
Thanks for the memory.

Colin ???

Annie, as you amass loads of hooks, swivels, links etc, this is an easy way to store them

pins.jpg

For tide times, heights etc., I use 'UK Tides' on android and 'Imray' on iphone.
Imray is not free, but gives lots of info.
There is another app for iphone called 'Tide Times' , but that just gives time and height.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried an hours fishing on the sea wall but I need to learn how to side cast as I kept hitting the wall behind me not enough room so I gave up after an hour lol but something ate some of my squidgy thing it’s legs were missing on the 3rd successful cast.

Just been out to Blackpool Sands (not the BBC one oop norf); chap said no problem staying overnight if we're fishing (y)

Is that the private beach car park by the cafe?

Well the mackies have more or less gone from the beaches and the bass are getting harder to find; perhaps a good blow will give some surf worth bunging a bass lure into. Might have a day or two further east later on when the weather gets colder, to see if I can winkle out a codling or two.

Dusted off my tackle, and loading the bus ready to try a few spots on the south coast. I know it's twixt and between time, with the winter fish moving out and the summer ones yet to show, but there should be a few flatties and whiting about. :unsure:

Anyway, it'll be good to get on the beaches again and hopefully meet up with friends along the way.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back