Fishing

Are U new to it?
I’ve thought about taking it up but not sure how successful I can realistically expect to be.
Always surprises me that beach casting can be successful so close to shore.
Would be good to do in Spain!!!

I fished in fresh water when a youth but things have really come on since then, Carrerasax.
Now rods have eyelets, reels have been invented and line isn't made from hemp fibre.
Watching Annie and corresponding with Edina has inspired me to have another go.
I'm hopeful of catching fish in the near future but I'm happy to wait until the fish get the hang of my style and/or give up out of frustration.
And as a last resort there's always Tesco.

Colin :):):)

I could never actually do that I think when I do start fishing once I have what I can eat I will stop I don’t like this stick a hook in a fish and chuck it back wounded that’s not sport that’s barbaric.
So what do you do with any undersize fish you catch ?

So what do you do with any undersize fish you catch ?
So far I have only had to put 3 back 2 bass and I can’t remember what the other was called but yes not good I don’t enjoy that bit at all but I see what your getting at.

Last edited:
Peppered mackerel yum yum,poor we things.
Sharp knife behind gills and cut back to tail each side,put on hot plate /grill and grind some pepper over em.

I was all up for that but now I cannot make shell island as I am down at Canvey Island getting my bumper and side skirt fixed I was so looking forward to fishing there.

Poor substitute , though I’ve never been to shell. It must be!!!!

Are U new to it?
I’ve thought about taking it up but not sure how successful I can realistically expect to be.
Always surprises me that beach casting can be successful so close to shore.
Would be good to do in Spain!!!

You need a licence to fish in the sea in Spain and unlike Portugal it's not a National one.You need one for each region.

I didn't know and fished along the north coast in 2009 including in harbours (also illegal).

Luckily I wasn' t caught as the police enforce the legislation and will confiscate tackle.

It can be hard to source a licence in some areas.

If anyone knows where to apply for a sea licence for the Basque region please let me know. Tried Spanish Tourist Board, hopeless.

Korky.

Rob try we bit of butter lemon pepper inside . Get some Scottish oat cakes crumble them then roll Marcel in crumbs just like you would with breadcrumbs then bake or shallow fry amazing the oatcakes soak some of the oil up as makrel can be quite oily

Sounds good Wully, especially as I love oatcakes.

I had mackerel with gooseberry sauce once. It was really nice. The sharp goosegogs cut through the oiliness of the fish.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back