France/ Spain trip with possibly Portugal.

Visited Alvor 22 years ago for a JMC {Thos Cook as was and now is again] Apartment Holiday. First time I'd driven a LHD car abroad, so a] arriving at the first island and attempting to cut in front of the Merc in by dropping from 5th to 3rd could have worked, if I'd used my right hand to change gear instead of reaching with my left hand ... Then I volunteered to leave my new family in the shade whilst I ran back to the Car Park to collect the hire car, s they didn't see me get into the front passenger seat to start the vehicle ... :oops:

Very enjoyable holiday though ...

Steve

Only 2 sausages?? :eek::unsure:

Only 2 bacon?? :eek::unsure:

We are having a bit of a nightmare, my cousin who lives alone in Lo Crispin hasn't been feeling unwell, he had a stroke two years ago and has 85% recovered from that and got his independence back. He rung me to ask if we could call as he wanted my to drive him to the Solicitors in La Zenia, he is worried about driving his car as he still hasn't received his Spanish driving licence and surrendered his UK licence in for the Spanish one. He has residentia status.

We left Los Alcàzares to call on him, I noticed he has now lost part use of his left arm and he seems to be unsteady on his feet. He also goes dizzy when he looks upwards when standing. It was weekend so I said I'm taking you to the doctor's on Monday, but he is a stubborn bugger, hasn't seen his doctor for over two years, not had regular checkups or kept up with his medication.

My wife remembered that our blood pressure was in the motorhome, so on Saturday we took his blood pressure readings 220/145, I explained to him that that is ridiculously high and that he needs treatment, he still wasn't convinced, so we did it on Sunday, it was even higher and he was starting to shake. I supported him into the car and took him to the hospital 15 minutes away were he remains. Despite multiple scans, taking bloods and x-rays they still are unsure what is causing his problems, they are doing another MRI scan on Monday, in the meantime we are going twice a day to hospital to take him food, as he won't eat the hospital food, we are now worried as the Spanish health system relies on family for aftercare and we need to be out of Europe by the 24/3/2023 as our 90 days are up.

We are having a bit of a nightmare, my cousin who lives alone in Lo Crispin hasn't been feeling unwell, he had a stroke two years ago and has 85% recovered from that and got his independence back. He rung me to ask if we could call as he wanted my to drive him to the Solicitors in La Zenia, he is worried about driving his car as he still hasn't received his Spanish driving licence and surrendered his UK licence in for the Spanish one. He has residentia status.

We left Los Alcàzares to call on him, I noticed he has now lost part use of his left arm and he seems to be unsteady on his feet. He also goes dizzy when he looks upwards when standing. It was weekend so I said I'm taking you to the doctor's on Monday, but he is a stubborn bugger, hasn't seen his doctor for over two years, not had regular checkups or kept up with his medication.

My wife remembered that our blood pressure was in the motorhome, so on Saturday we took his blood pressure readings 220/145, I explained to him that that is ridiculously high and that he needs treatment, he still wasn't convinced, so we did it on Sunday, it was even higher and he was starting to shake. I supported him into the car and took him to the hospital 15 minutes away were he remains. Despite multiple scans, taking bloods and x-rays they still are unsure what is causing his problems, they are doing another MRI scan on Monday, in the meantime we are going twice a day to hospital to take him food, as he won't eat the hospital food, we are now worried as the Spanish health system relies on family for aftercare and we need to be out of Europe by the 24/3/2023 as our 90 days are up.
We sympathise with you..
A)
Ask to talk to the British consulate, or even the Embassy.
They are there to help in situations like this.
There might be emergency arrangements available.

B)
Ask similar questions at the hospital.
You won't be the first to have to make such enquiries.
C)
Look on the You Guv websites.
There should be contact numbers and links to FAQs.
Good luck and we'll keep our fingers crossed for you.

Thanks will do, my sister lives near Pinosa which is 1 hour drive away, she also has residentia and has offered to help, but she is one of those
trapped without a Spanish driving licence and now can't risk driving as she has had residentia longer than 6 months, so it makes it difficult for her getting to and from the hospital, hopefully the UK and Spain will resolve the driving licence issue soon, it's causing a lot of problems for the Brits living here.

Thanks will do, my sister lives near Pinosa which is 1 hour drive away, she also has residentia and has offered to help, but she is one of those
trapped without a Spanish driving licence and now can't risk driving as she has had residentia longer than 6 months, so it makes it difficult for her getting to and from the hospital, hopefully the UK and Spain will resolve the driving licence issue soon, it's causing a lot of problems for the Brits living here.

🤞🙏

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back