France/ Spain trip with possibly Portugal.

We'd better put the kettle on, the way you're knocking out the miles.
Safe, interesting travels .

Staying just south of Asnieres-Sur-Blour at my cousin's small holding, it has 10 acres of land, a huge swimming pool and patio that is work in progress, but it's to cold to make use of the pool at this time of the year. The farmhouse has 5 bedroomed, two bathrooms, two lounges, utility rooms, a huge pantry then a big kitchen and dining room and a huge barn attached to it that could easily be converted to another 5 bedroomed property, he bought it for less than you would pay for a nice semi in Blackpool.

Unbelievable value for money and a dam site cheaper to run, his equivalent council tax is €500 and €150 to have his bins emptied, his electric which is supplied by EDF was only allowed by Macron to put there prices up by 5%, so us British who use EDF are subsidising the prices paid by there French customers and his water charges are a fraction of mine.

There are quite a few English folk who live around this area, he is taking us for fish and chips tonight then a bar that he said will have around 100 local English in it tonight. He has full residentia.

I asked him what the health care was like here, he says if he was still living in the UK he would have been dead, as he had been complaining about his leg for several years with his GP and it was dismissed as arthritis in his knee back in the Uk. He said he went to see his GP here a same day appointment I might add. With in days of seeing a doctor here about his limp, he did tests and said your arterys in your leg is blocked, sent him for a full scan on Monday, within a week he had to have a quadruple heart bypass and then a month in a rehabilitation centre, a nurse comes and visits him everyday and also picks up his prescriptions when needed, he said the government pay 80% of the cost and you take out an insurance policy to cover the other 20% which works out at €1020 a year.

The roads seem to be in a better state of repair here, yet France in more vast in comparison to the UK with a similar population, one wonders what the hell is happening to all the money the UK government get to run such a small country.

We are planning to visit another relative in Eymet in France, who runs a small B&B, so will leave here on Monday as my cousin has insisted we must at least stay until after Sunday as he has invited quite a few of his friends to come for Sunday dinner with us. Been sunny today, 12° with an occasional shower.

the hotel at lerma was a good stopover went over last night for a menu del dia €16 for a 3 course meal jan ordered a glass of wine left the bottle on the table no charge on the bill? went to the service station up the rd as we left €1:59 for gaselo A , missed the turning for the M50 to go around madrid huge mistake took 45mins to go 10km 8 lanes gridlocked with lane dancers swapping every 100 yds now in toledo explore tomorrow,

moved on south to natural park montoro about 50 mls above cordoba there is a picnic area and higher up an old campsite though it’s closed they have sectioned off about 1/4 of it & laid a dozen motorhome pitches all machine pay etc but showers etc by separate payment , the lower level is superb free natural spring water tastes fine looks clear so filled my onboard tank ,E77A5CB3-90E0-4735-BA1E-7EC9B523E6A4.jpeg69C0BD5B-4B35-4ED6-9509-746C48F88B5C.jpegB2E208AC-1B0A-4BF9-A10F-06B4F0CBF62C.jpeg1861BD2D-D077-4A1C-BA6F-2A7A6195D70F.jpeg2D017FDC-1DCE-487C-81A5-29B90643194A.jpeg

called in at cordoba today went around a huge market got some proper olives , parked up to see the roman bridge and the cathedral but a cordovan cowboy tried to con us for a parking fee couldn’t/wouldn’t give a receipt so i told him no after we had gone out didn’t feel trusting so i went back , we moved on to a little village aire about 45mins south it’s actually a lovely village backing on to a via verde (green lane) part of a 70 mile ex train track taking you through fields of olives etc perfect for reg & val been a comfortable 16degrees today heading malaga way tomorrow 26EAFC47-D77A-4DF7-91A7-B90DE5BDC0D5.png1F2BAA98-55FD-4F51-BEB2-6229D60EABF4.jpeg5B85FCAF-EE44-4ACA-8677-7DE52770C4BF.jpeg

Looking good l, the photography is getting better 😄, the last photo and the one of Maeve in full flight are beautiful.
Hopefully it won't be long before we set sail.
Enjoy.

Oh Jeff we need to arrange a meet with Gordon and others. We have paid for our kids and grandkids to fly out at half term so we can see them and going skiing at Sierra Nevada, hopefully they will get more snow before then, I think it is mostly manmade at the moment.

Oh Jeff we need to arrange a meet with Gordon and others. We have paid for our kids and grandkids to fly out at half term so we can see them and going skiing at Sierra Nevada, hopefully they will get more snow before then, I think it is mostly manmade at the moment. But we are free after that if you are on the Costa del Sol.

David have you been wine tasting the night?
Absolutely, we have had 6 of the bottles tonight from the stopover we bought at the vineyard, aling with some chivas Regal and some Cavados we bought in the Normandy region and some slow Gin my cousin made, having a karaoke night, good job there is no neighbours, Elaine the lightweight retired an hour ago, enjoying life. Lol

Oh Jeff we need to arrange a meet with Gordon and others. We have paid for our kids and grandkids to fly out at half term so we can see them and going skiing at Sierra Nevada, hopefully they will get more snow before then, I think it is mostly manmade at the moment.
Sounds like a plan David, will keep you updated on our progress. Safe travels and hopefully see you both soon. :cool:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back