France/ Spain trip with possibly Portugal.

We have just pulled into a service area on the A63 just past Bordeaux, the roads are getting very bad with snow, traffic is at crawling pace on the Motorway, is there a time limit you can stay at service areas like in the UK, I would prefer to sit it out.

We copped that lot en route and when in Bordeaux yesterday. Thankfully it didn't settle for too long and has now been replaced by numerous rain showers...

...just for a change!!!

A little over 3 weeks before we travel, French strikes permitting. Hopefully, the weather on the Perpignan route will be a little kinder by then.

Just looked at the route from here to Pamplona, going on the toll road there is a long section that is red, using the the N121b and N121A seems clear, anyone done this route before.

Screenshot_2023-01-19-10-03-00-325_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

after we left la cala de mijas we moved to near marbella can’t describe how wonderfull the spot is one rd back from the sea in front of 4 huge building plots not in use at present the infrastructure in place but there is a road bisecting these plots that would be an even better spot!, just had a police car cruise past not stopped so looking good FDAC8F7E-4D76-4079-9739-DB743BDB3E6D.png

We will be going to Zaragoza via Pamplona today. I'd better check the roads...

after we left la cala de mijas we moved to near marbella can’t describe how wonderfull the spot is one rd back from the sea in front of 4 huge building plots not in use at present the infrastructure in place but there is a road bisecting these plots that would be an even better spot!, just had a police car cruise past not stopped so looking good View attachment 65591
Keep this all coming Ken looking good mate

We're heading from newhaven feb 20😀😀😀😀👍🍺
Despite the longer ferry journey, it seems the better way into France, if travelling on to Spain, for those driving south for anyone living north of Watford.
For us northerners. Northampton and north of, it’s possible not to have to use much of The Road to Hell*. M40, anti clockwise M25*.then M23.
Less miles to the port, and then further south into France

We will be going to Zaragoza via Pamplona today. I'd better check the roads...
Please come and say hello if you see us, we will be the one in a Mobilvetta, wife wants to have a look around the old town and have some lunch at some restaurant she has seen, if we get back at a reasonable time we will be heading to Zaragoza. She has now dropped it on me that she wouldn't mind a week at Benidorm before going to see my sister. That will be fun😂🤭

Despite the longer ferry journey, it seems the better way into France, if travelling on to Spain, for those driving south for anyone living north of Watford.
For us northerners. Northampton and north of, it’s possible not to have to use much of The Road to Hell*. M40, anti clockwise M25*.then M23.
Less miles to the port, and then further south into France
I can recommed Horace's Fish Bar [run by Dave!] in Newhaven Town Centre, He used to fill our flask with hot water, so that we had a hot coffee to start the exit from Dieppe at 0430!

Steve

I can recommed Horace's Fish Bar [run by Dave!] in Newhaven Town Centre, He used to fill our flask with hot water, so that we had a hot coffee to start the exit from Dieppe at 0430!

Steve
Didn’t know that Sue and Colin ran a fish’n’chip shop. I’ll give that a go.
I know where I’ll be eating Saturday night 👍

Didn’t know that Sue and Colin ran a fish’n’chip shop. I’ll give that a go.
I know where I’ll be eating Saturday night 👍
It's at 7A Chapel Street, Trigger, and is about 150m from the Town Centre Car Park that should be accessible unless they've installed height barriers! The Car Park [next to the Bus Terminus] was free parking after 17:30. Horace's used to offer Pensioner Specials as a takeaway. They were £3.50 each [based on 2015'ish prices, our last visit!]. Smaller piece of fish but standard chips. Might be worth giving them a call re parking and access, unless you park at the Ferry and stretch your legs for the walk back into Town
Horaces Fish Bar Review says prices were £10 for 2 standard portions in 2020. The Review has photo of the premises [can't provide directions, the smell of fish & chips switches on my auto satnav in the legs ...]

Steve

Can thoroughly recommend this place if anyone is having a stop off in Pamplona, it's a lovely place to visit, we are having a Menu Del Dia with a bottle of red, only €10.95 each and the food and service has been fantastic. It's very busy with locals.

IMG_20230120_125430.jpgIMG_20230120_125440.jpgIMG_20230120_131025.jpgIMG_20230120_131033.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back