Gasit

Tim120;n16449 said:
We too have the Gaslow system (New 2017 R67) Twin cylinders & auto change over, I do not remember being told to turn them off when filling. I will ask Gaslow about this as I may have been told and have forgotten or I may not have been told and should have. Travel with them on.
Only done one return journey through the tunnel and stopped by tunnel staff there and back to ensure they were off.

Fridge/Freezer is supposed to not switch to gas for either 10 or 15 mins when ignition is switched off for fuelling, will physically check.

See post #40 above.

Val54;n16272 said:
Just curious, do you have to reset the cut-off in some way?
Dave
Yes, there is a small button to press at the head of the pipe work. Only had it cut out once, fortunately I knew about it having read it on the wildcamping forum and stored the snippet somewhere in by brain.

I understood that with bulkhead fixed safety valve it was not essential to turn off but how do I know if I have an auto cut off with my new gaslo system fitted recently.
think having read all this I will turn off when driving.

Tim120;n16449 said:
We too have the Gaslow system (New 2017 R67) Twin cylinders & auto change over, I do not remember being told to turn them off when filling. I will ask Gaslow about this as I may have been told and have forgotten or I may not have been told and should have. Travel with them on.
Only done one return journey through the tunnel and stopped by tunnel staff there and back to ensure they were off.

Fridge/Freezer is supposed to not switch to gas for either 10 or 15 mins when ignition is switched off for fuelling, will physically check.

[h=1]How to fill a Gaslow Direct Fill Cylinder[/h]
UK Filling Instructions

filling_tank2.jpg
1) Always ensure that the cylinder valve is switched off before filling

2) The UK filler nozzle uses a bayonet fitting. Line up the two lugs on the fill adapter, then rotate the nozzle a third of a turn clockwise to seal it securely.

3) Pull the trigger and locate the small clip. Use the clip to keep the trigger in place.

4) Check the display on the pump reads zero and depress the (red) button on the pump to dispense the gas.

5) Hold the button (if you let go, the gas stops) until the pump stops automatically. The Gaslow Cylinder is fitted with an 80% automatic shut off device and will not allow filling above this level for safety reasons.

6) Un-clip the trigger and remove the nozzle by rotating it a third of a turn anti-clockwise. Note that the nozzle may be very cold and there may also be a sound of gas as the nozzle depressurises.

I think its worth turning off to fill whatever as I have heard of some horror stories when filling.Very rare but can be dangerous!

Carrerasax;n16556 said:
I understood that with bulkhead fixed safety valve it was not essential to turn off but how do I know if I have an auto cut off with my new gaslo system fitted recently.
think having read all this I will turn off when driving.

I would have thought if recently fitted it would have the auto cut off. Still worth asking Gaslow I think. Perhaps send a pic of your system to them if possible.

jo662
Agreed, I think it is worth turning off from what I have read. Your link shows the Direct Fill Cylinders which MAY have a different filling procedure from Refillable cylinders.
I will phone them and ask.

Tim120;n16654 said:
jo662
Agreed, I think it is worth turning off from what I have read. Your link shows the Direct Fill Cylinders which MAY have a different filling procedure from Refillable cylinders.
I will phone them and ask.

Hi, the links we have shown you relate to the R67 bottles which is what you say you have. They are a 'refillable cylinder' which is just another term for 'Direct fill cylinder'. The picture is misleading as the hose for a fixed installation has been left out.

Sorry, I'm editing this to say that the picture shown above is not an R67 but the older model. I have had both and the procedure is the same for each of them. The R67 was a direct replacement for the one shown.

Last edited:
i have had difficulties with the Gasit external-fill filler cap. It is poorly made, and if pushed too firmly can wedge itself deeply into the pipework, and i have frequently had to get either a helpful chap or a screwdriver to it - and it has come to pieces several times. It is not a well designed thing at all.

Just spoke to Gaslow....

YES do turn off when filling.

Tim120;n17272 said:
Just spoke to Gaslow....

Brilliant well that's put paid to any doubt lol

Tim120;n17272 said:
Just spoke to Gaslow....

Would you have really expected any other answer. Its called covering their own arses.

Fazerloz;n17324 said:
Would you have really expected any other answer. Its called covering their own arses.

Nope. :wink:

Always close the tanks.
You know it makes sense !
I usually close whilst moving anyway !
Also the fridge should be "on battery" or maybe off whilst filling..every little helps !!!

I was told when I bought my van I could travel with the gas heating and fridge on. I turn them off inside the van when filling but I don’t turn the bottles off in locker when filling this is new to me. Something else to worry about this motorhome lark is like trying to master a good golf swing just when you think you’ve got it something else pops up.Im beginning to see some benefits in a wee hoos in Spain.

Yes, always remember to shut the gas off at the tank before driving off, I tie a reminder on the steering wheel or something.
I had a problem with my Gasit bottles once when during a warm July day I couldn’t turn the tap on, and I was later told it was probably frozen!! The remedy is to warm it up with a cloth or warm water, if of course you can heat the water without the gas being turned on, a bit of a Catch 22. It might be a common problem as it was known to my Mr Fixit, but I had no idea at the time.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back