Gasit

I always turn my gasit tank off when driving should I have an accident less chance of any damage explosion through pipe rupture
I have my gasit tank inside which gasit said ok with the latest ones

Same as admin ,allugas have auto cut off in an accident ,don’t turn off on fill up either but do make sure the fridge is off incase it causes an accident

Gasit

I have gasit fitted to my MH which is brilliant though I do struggle to fill it I cannot open it to start with due to RA I then struggle with some of the fillers some are easy to use some again due to my RA fiddly and difficult to use then there is the big conflicting question when you pull up on the garage do you open your locker cupboard to turn off your bottles before filling some say you must or it damages something others say it’s fine to leave them open when filling so the ? Is
what is the general consensus shut off the bottles before filling or not.
It's fine to leave them on when driving as long as you have the type of regulator that would turn off in a crash. Most modern setups have that.
The only time I've ever turned my gas off is when going through the channel tunnel.
As for turning the gas off when filling, that's a crazy idea.
The bottle pressure is typically around 300 times the regulator's outlet pressure (more in hot weather). The pressure from the pump is less than 10% higher than the bottle pressure. There's no way it could do any harm.
Assuming you have an external fill point, just connect and fill. It shouldn't be difficult or need much force.

Same as admin ,allugas have auto cut off in an accident ,don’t turn off on fill up either but do make sure the fridge is off incase it causes an accident
An AES three way fridge won't turn the gas on for fifteen minutes after stopping the engine, to allow time to refuel.

It's fine to leave them on when driving as long as you have the type of regulator that would turn off in a crash. Most modern setups have that.
You need to have the crash protection at the bottle so as pigtail hose is also protected to be legal driving with the gas turned on Like this also available for UK propane
This system is compulsory when using drive safe systems (using gas on the move) and automatically cuts the gas supply in the event of an accident

If
Mines fine the thing I struggle with is the cover that goes over the filler point I just cannot get it off .
If it’s anything like mine, the fit between the outer and the cover was too tight. Rub down the cover outer diameter carefully with some emery cloth or similar, or a file, until you get a reasonable fit. Don’t go mad, you only need to take a whisker off.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back