GROUND CONDITIONS UPDATE@ Hollingworth Lake Country Park , Littleborough , Lancashire, Thursday May 23th Until Tuesday May 28th 2024

GROUND CONDITIONS UPDATE@ Hollingworth Lake Country Park , Littleborough , Lancashire, Thursday May 23th Until Tuesday May 28th 2024
Posted by jeffmossy
Littleborough Rugby Club , Hollingworth Lake , Rakewood ,Littleborough
Thursday, May 23, 2024 - 10:00 AM
Until: Tuesday, May 28, 2024 - 12:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Hello young Jeff.
As you may have heard, we broke down on the way home from the Motorhome Show at Newbury and just to keep you up to date, we are still here at a Commercial Garage in Uxbridge, probably for the second night running.
He is trying to get us inside the garage and onto a ramp, but at the moment she’s a non starter and it’s p*ssing down here. I can’t see them pushing us inside this afternoon, because they shut at 17.30, and then they would have to push us out again to spend the night.
We’re still going to pull out all the stops to make Hollingworth, but we might be a bit late. How late is in the hands of the Gods, but will keep you in the loop.
Not a problem Roger, and hope you get fixed soon, keep me posted on your progress

Jeff

Wet wet wet in Rutland luckily parked on hard standing ,
Will bring my bread trays and wellies, what’s it like up north

I HAVE ARRIVED AT THE VENUE AND JUST HAD A MEETING WITH THE GROUND STAFF AND THIS IS THE OUTCOME OF OUR MEETING. AT PRESENT THE FIELD IS STILL SOLID AND USABLE, BUT AS TODAY HAS GOT RAIN ALL DAY THE FIELDS CONDITIONS COULD CHANGE, THEREFORE WE HAVE DECIDED ALL VANS ARRIVING TOMORROW WILL BE PARKED ON HARDSTANDING WHEN YOU ARRIVE, AND POSSIBLY MOST OF THE DAY, THE FORECAST IS FINE WEATHER FROM TOMORROW LUNCH TIME FOR THE DURATION OF THE RALLY, SO WE WILL DO ANOTHER INSPECTION OF THE FIELD TOMORROW AFTERNOON AND THEN WE WILL MAKE THE DECISION WHETHER TO GO ON THE FIELD THURSDAY AFTERNOON OR FRIDAY AM. THERE IS PLENTY OF HARDSTANDING AVAILABLE, SO NOBODY WILL BE LEFT WITHOUT A SPACE. SAFE JOURNEY

I HAVE ARRIVED AT THE VENUE AND JUST HAD A MEETING WITH THE GROUND STAFF AND THIS IS THE OUTCOME OF OUR MEETING. AT PRESENT THE FIELD IS STILL SOLID AND USABLE, BUT AS TODAY HAS GOT RAIN ALL DAY THE FIELDS CONDITIONS COULD CHANGE, THEREFORE WE HAVE DECIDED ALL VANS ARRIVING TOMORROW WILL BE PARKED ON HARDSTANDING WHEN YOU ARRIVE, AND POSSIBLY MOST OF THE DAY, THE FORECAST IS FINE WEATHER FROM TOMORROW LUNCH TIME FOR THE DURATION OF THE RALLY, SO WE WILL DO ANOTHER INSPECTION OF THE FIELD TOMORROW AFTERNOON AND THEN WE WILL MAKE THE DECISION WHETHER TO GO ON THE FIELD THURSDAY AFTERNOON OR FRIDAY AM. THERE IS PLENTY OF HARDSTANDING AVAILABLE, SO NOBODY WILL BE LEFT WITHOUT A SPACE. SAFE JOURNEY
Sounds good Jeff

We've either got a Yellow Weather Warning for heavy rain, or a Weather Warning of Yellow Rain, depending upon which news medium you read. The latter is probably more accurate, since it looks like we're gonnae be peed upon from a great height, so progress may be a little slow. All being well, we hope to arrive mid to late afternoon tomorrow

Steve & Elaine

Weather is nuts, here at Roses, Spain, fine morning, afternoon, cloud then rain, certainly not as bad as UK, but not good. I hope the weather picks up for all attending the meet, not a lot to ask for, eh!

can’t remember if I said when I was arriving Jeff but it will be fri till sunday now…..looking forward to it!!

Hi Jeff, my garage has said that if I don’t hear from him today, it will be Tuesday before I get any news, because of the Bank Holiday. Really gutted about all this and it may even jepodise Stone as well.
We’ll be up and running as soon as we get the old lady sorted out.

Back