GROUND CONDITIONS UPDATE@ Hollingworth Lake Country Park , Littleborough , Lancashire, Thursday May 23th Until Tuesday May 28th 2024

GROUND CONDITIONS UPDATE@ Hollingworth Lake Country Park , Littleborough , Lancashire, Thursday May 23th Until Tuesday May 28th 2024
Posted by jeffmossy
Littleborough Rugby Club , Hollingworth Lake , Rakewood ,Littleborough
Thursday, May 23, 2024 - 10:00 AM
Until: Tuesday, May 28, 2024 - 12:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Was gonna set off tonight and spend a coin at the iron bridge Carlisle but it’s heeking it down here so gonna leave just after the morning rush. Plan is to pass Steve on the rd round the lake and get a better pitch than him 😂. Arrive about 2ish
And you did, Willy, and you did ... 😀. But, as I told you, you need me as a benchmark, so I do have my uses ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Jeff…..I have had to turn round and come home, the van was booked in last week to be supposedly fixed but this morning I got about 4 mile from home and it started again, same problem…..too far to travel worrying if this is the run where it pegs it and I get brought home on a tow truck…..sorry to miss the meet…..gggrrrrrrrr

Hi All, does anybody fancy a nature walk round the lake on Saturday morning ! I’m not a professional but an amateur , I can identify and describe quite a few plants trees birds, Janet and I will leave the car park at 0930 , it will just be thru the nature side of the lake and finish at the beach pub where you can stop for coffee or just walk back , this morning we’ve seen some species we don’t get in the fens of Cambridgeshire it might interest a few of you ,
Bring binoculars if you have them

Hi All, does anybody fancy a nature walk round the lake on Saturday morning ! I’m not a professional but an amateur , I can identify and describe quite a few plants trees birds, Janet and I will leave the car park at 0930 , it will just be thru the nature side of the lake and finish at the beach pub where you can stop for coffee or just walk back , this morning we’ve seen some species we don’t get in the fens of Cambridgeshire it might interest a few of you ,
Yes, please
Steve and Elaine

Can I skip the first part and meet at the pub?😉😂

The Budding Bavarians tour is a gathering of Wild Camping Members in Bavaria during August, We are having a small gathering in the main room at 13.30 today, The Bavaria tour in August is fully booked but if your interested in where we are going and what we are doing you are more than welcome to come along and sit in on the chat/ gathering today, we will give out leaflets and stickers to members on the tour hope to see some of you later

I have a bat detector with me does anybody want a walk around the grounds this evening about 915 to look out for bats

Massive apologies for not making this meet. I only live 2 miles away and I have no excuse. Hope you all had a good 'un even though weather was a bit iffy. See you all next time xx

Many thanks to everyone on our first meet. You were all so friendly and made us feel welcome. Unfortunately the weather forcast was not very good for last night and this morning, we were going home today anyway, and with 2 pre teens to keep occupied, we decided to cut it short and go home yesterday. We will certainly be meeting up with you all again in the future and continue our adventures. Once again a great big thank you from Kylie, Scott and the kids.

Thanks Jeff and Lorraine for organising this and everybody else who helped out. Thanks Jeff for setting up the karaoke on Friday and was chuffed to win the quiz on Sunday thanks Caz. We really enjoyed ourselves so thanks to everyone for making it a wonderful meeting

Thanks to Jeff and Lorraine for organising the meet and all the stewards who make these things happen and not forgetting the parking warden🤣
Had a great time, good to catch up, until next time, safe journeys.

Thanks to Jeff, Lorraine and the Management Team for a great time. Next Rally, we'll both try to stay out of A&E ... . Otherwise we'll run out of fresh hospitals ...

Sitting in the layby at Hagley Bypass A491 now. Newhaven Ferry tomorrow and then to the hovel 🙄

Steve

Back