Have I forgot anything

I think only if you go in to the zones Annie, I am not sure though so as you never know I got one, they are the German equivalent of the Crit Air, for the sake of a fiver I got one and it was easy, I did see that most cars had them on in Germany where as in France I didn't see many Crit Air stickers
easy to apply for, I received mine within a week
https://www.berlin.de/labo/mobilitaet/kfz-zulassung/feinstaubplakette/shop.86595.en.php

I have sent you a message

Last edited:
I must have missed your post Annie saying whereabouts your off to when do you go and is Bill going?

It’s the Netherlands meet there is about 12 going .

Hope everyone has safe travels and a good meet,is Bill going with you? Did you manage to hunt that route out for me that you used I think it was off runnach.. I think ?

My Mum used to say that I would forget my head if it wasn’t screwed on!
Were you planning on visiting Germany? The stickers look pretty lawful to me. For the sake of a fiver, is it worth taking a chance?

Germany is now our favourite Country to visit Rog, the food is cheaper than any of the neighbouring Countries and alcohol is a lot cheaper than anywhere else unless you venture down to Spain, it is clean and there are Stellplätze's are everywhere

Germany is now our favourite Country to visit Rog, the food is cheaper than any of the neighbouring Countries and alcohol is a lot cheaper than anywhere else unless you venture down to Spain, it is clean and there are Stellplätze's are everywhere

Sounds great Tel. Too good for Jonny Foreigner. It’s a shame our POI list doesn’t cover Germany.

A mains polarity tester and a reverse polarity connector/lead. Certainly needed these in France, not sure if needed elsewhere.

Selection of hose pipe to tap connectors, there are a couple of different thread sizes you can come across.

Paul

A mains polarity tester and a reverse polarity connector/lead. Certainly needed these in France, not sure if needed elsewhere.

Selection of hose pipe to tap connectors, there are a couple of different thread sizes you can come across.

Paul
Careful ,them sniffer dogs can find a fart in a field
the cupboard hs been thoroughly cleaned I now keep my fresh coffee in that cupboard ??

You mention phone card does your current sim provider not have roaming? Three lets you phone a phone number in the country you are in or a UK number for free. There's always what's app or similar ... As to currency we don't bother and use a credit card - Halifax Clarity or one that doesn't charge for foreign transactions. PS are you planning on going off piste into Germany?

@Campervanannie you don't need to take the breath test equipment with you any more as the law never came into place in France.

And with regards to the high vis jackets, by law (in Frogland) you need to have one for every person travelling in your vehicle.

You mention phone card does your current sim provider not have roaming? Three lets you phone a phone number in the country you are in or a UK number for free. There's always what's app or similar ... As to currency we don't bother and use a credit card - Halifax Clarity or one that doesn't charge for foreign transactions. PS are you planning on going off piste into Germany?
I need to look into my phone cards phone is Tesco which is o2 and my iPhone is 3 data only just don’t want to come home to a ridiculous bill that I wasn’t expecting ? and yes we may head off into Germany but no plans yet.

I think Rae thought it was RoaminRog who posted :unsure:

Have you got a translation app on your phone Annie, I found it to be very useful in Germany, Holland and Belgium
I have google translate on it

+1 for both Three and Clarity. However, I would urge caution wrt UK cards and The Netherlands. When we were there last year, we found that most of the cafés and restaurants we used would not accept our Clarity card (or our other UK Visa and Mastercard cards), so we needed cash. That said, the cheapest way we found to get our hands on cash Euros was to use our Clarity card in a local ATM. Clarity gives Mastercard wholesale exchange rates and then charges 1.4% interest per month from the time of withdrawal to the time you pay it off whereas the Post Office et al. charge a lot more (often in the form of disadvantageous exchange rates). Currently, the Post Office will give you 1.1080 €/£ while Clarity gives 1.1409, so effectively the PO is charging 2.9%. Wherever possibly, we use our Clarity card to buy goods and services because Clarity doesn't charge interest on card transactions provided you pay the bill off in full each month.

I think Rae thought it was RoaminRog who posted :unsure:

Have you got a translation app on your phone Annie, I found it to be very useful in Germany, Holland and Belgium
+1 for the translation app. That said, we were gobsmacked to find that almost everyone in Holland speaks English. We rocked up at our first campsite (Boscamp Bilthoven in Utrecht) and asked the receptionist if she spoke English. Her answer was, "Of course, I am Dutch!" So, while we found that translation app invaluable in France, in NL all we used it for was to translate signs, menus and other written stuff.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back