Hi, Anyone of you motorhome campers away in France yet? Now getting serious withdrawl symptoms. We would by now have clockedabout a month traipsing ar

TJC

Hi All Continental Motorhome Campers,
Any of you managed to get to France yet? We ard now suffering serious withdrawl symptoms, as by now, we woukd have clocked up about a month traipsing around the Northern half of France.

Welcome..
Somebody will be along soon.
Have fun and adventures.

I think there are a few people that have braved the trip over here, though we haven’t seen any. Just be aware though that France is now charging for PCR and lateral flow testing. ( €43.89 and €25, ) for foreigners.

Reactions: TJC
Have been out here since 10 June. No problems; but have yet to run into any other UK vans.
Hope that by time I have to return, the hurdles to get back into England will have been vastly reduced. 🤞

Come across from Newhaven last week, in car with trailer. Entry simple with PCR test and French residence papers.
We are now at Neuf Breisach with our French registration motorhome. No checks crossing in and out of Germany. Swiss and Italian motorhomes parked here too, no UK though.

Can anyone who goes through the customs at a port or on the chunnel, report back as to how diligent the border control staff were regarding food stuffs? I'm think here of the ban on meat/dairy.

ta

Didn’t check mine or even ask any questions. However I don’t think you can rely on that scenario every time

Thanks both

It'll start to build up a picture if we get more responses
thumb_up.gif

No inclination to venture over the Channel at all at the moment. I'd rather wait until the worst is over, when the EU have caught up with vaccinations and everyone has stopped being hysterical about UK visitors.

I have had my 2 jabs and neither Indian so OK there, have booked Boots for the PCR test, tunnel booked and ready to go 1st Aug, will be interested to hear any feedback from those that go before me (y)
Don't forget to pick up some free lateral flow tests when you're in Boots so you can keep a look out for asymptomatic infection whilst you're away :giggle:

Personally, I would never even dream of going to France, or anywhere abroad for that matter. I'm perfectly happy touring round England, Scotland or Wales. My favourite area is the New Forest and that will be the first place I visit when I can afford to use the motorhome again.

We postponed our planned trip across to Italy in September purely because of the fluid situation regarding rules/regs/red-amber-green lists here at home plus the fact that France, Italy etc could change their rules as well at any time. It was all too fluid for us so we are touring the north of England in September instead.

Still hoping to go to Spain in January though.

Hi All Continental Motorhome Campers,
Any of you managed to get to France yet? We ard now suffering serious withdrawl symptoms, as by now, we woukd have clocked up about a month traipsing around the Northern half of France.
We are due to go last week in August. Also missing the adventures but keep changing our mind as to whether to go or not especially as the situation with France keeps changing. What to do? 😟

Reactions: TJC
hi im planing a trip away from portsmouth to santander then drive to the algarve ive been double jabbed can anyone forsee any covid related problems at the borders ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back