Italian Gadabout

Ditto Roger with the Sims, I’m currently borrowing McDonalds WiFi, getting funny looks as I ain’t eating here 🤮

As with what others have stated, I too have enjoyed following your journey, along with the great pics your missus has produced, not forgetting your IT skills to upload, team work makes the dream work. 👍
Wot no deep fried mars bar ?

Re sim card
25/30 gb does me and for 3 months only. I hope I will need one for Europe in2024
In Uk I find GiffGaff perfect with their range of goodybags.
Terry My GiifGaff works fine in Thailand albeit expensive for both calls and data.
My Thai sim is good value and I use 009+44 for uk which is very reasonable

Tony that’s good to know about the RWG SIM cards.I’ve got three of them for our next trip but we only pay £20 a month unlimited calls texts and 200gb of data.
I started off with similar Wully but only needed data so went with their £18 data only. However it seems you are locked into the network you choose (EE or Vodafone) or their partners when roaming. Probably ok for most of Europe but being a belts and braces sort of guy I switched to the global sim for £10 extra to give me freedom of networks. Each location I do a network search and opt for the strongest.

Spoilt for choice but
Rozoy s Serre

Nice just outside the town good pitches all facilities in picnic tables and various farm animals
Pretty much on your route
Shared route
From Mesnil-Saint-Père to Rozoy-sur-Serre via A26.

2 hr 8 min (201 km)
2 hr 8 min in current traffic

1. Head southeast on Pl. de la Mairie toward Rue du 28 Août 1944/D43
2. Turn right onto Rue du 28 Août 1944/D43
3. Keep right
4. Merge onto RN 19/D619
5. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto the A26 ramp to Châlons en Champagne/Reims/Sens/Paris/Orléans/Chaumont/Dijon/Lyon
6. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for A26/Reims/Châlons-en-Champagne
7. Merge onto A26
8. Use the left 2 lanes to take the A4/E17/E50 exit toward Paris/Lille/Charleville-M/Reims
9. Take the A34 exit toward E46/Charleroi/Charleville-M/Reims-Centre/Cormontreuil
10. Take the N244/E46 exit toward Charleroi/Charleville-M/Reims-EST
11. Take exit 17 toward Chateau-Porcien/Chaumont-Porcien/Rozoy-sur-Serre
12. Turn left onto Rue de la Libération/D946 (signs for Château P/Chaumont P/Écly/Rozoy-sur-Serre)
13. Turn right onto D18 (signs for Rozoy sur Serre)
14. Turn left onto Pl. de l'Europe/D978
15. Turn right onto Pl. de l'Europe/D977 (signs for Archon/Rouvroy sur Serre/Parfondeval/Brunehamel)
16. Turn left onto Rue Gérard Adolphe Martin
17. Arrive at location: Rozoy-sur-Serre
For the best route in current traffic visit https://maps.app.goo.gl/3HnJeJg2cq9Cz1Ec8

Finally home a couple of hours ago and feeling rather sad that the adventure is over.
Thanks for your very detailed post Phil, but I’m afraid I have been out of touch for a few days with no data to use. We came home on P and O ferries from Dover to Calais and we were very upset to find that in order to have an English breakfast we had to upgrade our ticket to Club class, which would have cost us £27 each. I must confess to having quite a loud conversation with the crew member whose job it was to persuade me to upgrade to a ‘nice comfortable chair and an English breakfast’ for only £27 each!
As it was, we sat in the family lounge, and had a cheese and ham sandwich and a butterless croissant (butter and jam was only available in the club lounge) one tea and one coffee and the bill came to just over £20!
I think the Eurotunnel is the way we will travel in future. Much quieter, quicker, and more comfortable, and lower blood pressure!

Terry stop at goosnargh meet on yer way hame
I’ll check it oot tomorrow, I mean later today to where it is Gordon. We got on an earlier shuttle and landed about midnight UK time. We’re parked up at yon sailor pub you told me about ages ago, you failed to mention it is also a dogging site when the pub closes!! 😵‍💫

Finally home a couple of hours ago and feeling rather sad that the adventure is over.
Thanks for your very detailed post Phil, but I’m afraid I have been out of touch for a few days with no data to use. We came home on P and O ferries from Dover to Calais and we were very upset to find that in order to have an English breakfast we had to upgrade our ticket to Club class, which would have cost us £27 each. I must confess to having quite a loud conversation with the crew member whose job it was to persuade me to upgrade to a ‘nice comfortable chair and an English breakfast’ for only £27 each!
As it was, we sat in the family lounge, and had a cheese and ham sandwich and a butterless croissant (butter and jam was only available in the club lounge) one tea and one coffee and the bill came to just over £20!
I think the Eurotunnel is the way we will travel in future. Much quieter, quicker, and more comfortable, and lower blood pressure!
Always the shuttle for us.
Your own choice of food available.
Tea or coffee fron a flask.

Downside...Nobody to shout at !

I’ll check it oot tomorrow, I mean later today to where it is Gordon. We got on an earlier shuttle and landed about midnight UK time. We’re parked up at yon sailor pub you told me about ages ago, you failed to mention it is also a dogging site when the pub closes!! 😵‍💫
🥹

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back