Italian Gadabout

If you stop at Ypres Rog just check where the evening ceremony is now as I think they are doing renovation work on the Mening Gate at the mo.

If you are planning to visit Brno, then this campsite is nearby. They have an electric boat that takes you to the railway station to get into the city. We stopped there on our CR trip a few years ago and t was a very nice place to stay indeed.

I believe the renovations were completed by 29th May Graham, but thanks anyway. 👍

Hey Rog, I was viewing various stuff on YouTube tonight, I came across this bloggers clip about the Eagls Nest, maybe some info within the clip to enhance your recent visit experience.

We are well and truly on the way home now. At the moment we are at Aschaffenburg, camped on the bank of the River Main. There are many day boats, which look like floating sheds, going up and down, and we have seen a couple of the enormous River Cruise boats, which seem to go on forever.

95265372-2166-4740-9F9C-8B6A2BB2135C.jpegF66A03FB-B0F9-4F16-BBC4-5E1B3F4436F5.jpeg198E8572-E765-40AF-91DB-E4076846AA61.jpegFA6C537C-8C7E-475E-B81F-699C4080BA0D.jpegDA0AEF4C-384D-4E41-9B3C-4110A1F779F3.jpeg

Struck on a winner here!
We have pulled into Bergheim Paffendorf for the night and guess what. At the side of the stellplatz is a Bar! Beer garden, outside tables and chairs and raving sunshine! Too good to miss….. see you all later! 🍹🍹🍺🍺5DFE2F7B-3FB8-47B7-85A7-360555DE2BE8.jpeg

Rog - can I ask what that orange coloured drink was on your table? We have seen loads of people drinking it/similar on our travels and never bothered to ask what it is.

It’s simply an Aperol Spritz, normally served with ice.
Aperol can also be added to Prosecco……. Cheers!

Thanks Rog. We've not come across Aperol before. We use Cassis to make kir royale (if we are feeling flush) or kir van plonk with the cheapest €1.75 French fizz, if not.

We'll give Aperol a try next time out, cheers.

Brilliant stories and pix. Thanks.

There is a film or TV series that they could make from your ups and downs..
Title:
Insolents Abroad....
Can't wait for next year's sequel.
Safe, boring journey back.

Can’t post too much more for the time being, we have expired all of our SIM cards. Should be home on Friday, so thanks for reading and keeping us company. Safe travels.
Thank you for all the info about your journey Rog, and especially the photos.

It's fascinating to read how two vans that have travelled similar roads have seen so many different things, and created wonderful memories.

Well done you. 👍

Thanks for sharing your trip. Especially good to follow whilst we can’t be out and about, and great photos.

Ditto Roger with the Sims, I’m currently borrowing McDonalds WiFi, getting funny looks as I ain’t eating here 🤮

As with what others have stated, I too have enjoyed following your journey, along with the great pics your missus has produced, not forgetting your IT skills to upload, team work makes the dream work. 👍

Been using an RWG global sim on our current travels (200gb data per month for £28) and it’s never missed a beat. Although we don’t watch much tv on our trips we have used streaming a fair few times with no issues. Never not had a decent signal throughout the Netherlands. Will cancel when we get home as we don’t need that much data though.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back