Led rear lights

I do, you are responsable for doing so, ok they can fail when out but best look before a trip out, you have to do this in the army.
Futility. If an indicator fails, that side will flash fast so you will know.
Remember that what is done in the army is usually make-work to keep soldiers amused between wars.

Not only do I not do that, but I don't know anyone who does. Do you check your indicators every time you drive? Seems an awful lot of hassle for very little gain.
A minute to do a visual check also to make sure nothing is hanging off .. every trip.
And returning from a trip clean inside fill with fuel check fluids.

Does not take long to do any of this and I know when I set off at least everything is in order.
Hence its 22 years old and everything works as it should
Except me 😂

Not only do I not do that, but I don't know anyone who does. Do you check your indicators every time you drive? Seems an awful lot of hassle for very little gain.
It would not be a hassle if it was a plane would it.

Futility. If an indicator fails, that side will flash fast so you will know.
Remember that what is done in the army is usually make-work to keep soldiers amused between wars.
Not sure that will happen now the rear is all led and a load resister fitted…

I have a walk around the van every morning when away, kick the tyres type of thing, I check the oil before each trip, feel the edge of the wipers and that's about it, the dash has a tell tale for the lights.

I have a walk around the van every morning when away, kick the tyres type of thing, I check the oil before each trip, feel the edge of the wipers and that's about it, the dash has a tell tale for the lights.
I'm a 'get in and drive it' guy WRT my car but I always do the walk around with the van because I need to check for bowls, buckets, mats etc that I've pushed under the van and check the TV Ariel and roof lights are be down.
I'm sure if I asked Kim to take a look to see if the indicators were working she'd shout "yes...no....yes...no" 🤭

I'm a 'get in and drive it' guy WRT my car but I always do the walk around with the van because I need to check for bowls, buckets, mats etc that I've pushed under the van and check the TV Ariel and roof lights are be down.
I'm sure if I asked Kim to take a look to see if the indicators were working she'd shout "yes...no....yes...no" 🤭
I generally wildcamp, so nothing is outside.

My experience is that aftermarket led lamps are far, far less reliable than incandescent
Been driving for 50 years and I can't remember ever replacing an indicator bulb. Led indicator lamps are pretty much off the bottom of my to do list but hey ho, each to their own.

Can someone tell me what the advantage is using led bulbs ?.
There’s more than a single bulb in a set of leds.
Hence if one goes there’s not much difference the others will still work.

A single bulb when it goes that’s it and has to be replaced.

No bulbs at all in a LED they are Light Emitting Diodes, but I know what you mean, multiples.

Been driving for 50 years and I can't remember ever replacing an indicator bulb. Led indicator lamps are pretty much off the bottom of my to do list but hey ho, each to their own.
I have replaced several indicator bulbs over the years (rather longer than 50) but I don't recall one that had failed. They just tend to darken as the filament evaporates and condenses in the glass.
Indicators tend to fail due to corroded connections.

I have replaced several indicator bulbs over the years (rather longer than 50) but I don't recall one that had failed. They just tend to darken as the filament evaporates and condenses in the glass.
Indeed, I've had the odd problem but it's been with the holder and tarnish. As mentioned I've not got the slightest inclination to swap the bulbs for LEDs but surely they'd have the same connectivity issues as incandescent bulbs anyway? As for Trev's 'less draw on the alternator"
It's less than 2A once in a blue moon Trev, hardly an alternate killer mate😁

Just changed two front indicator lights as they were more like a pale yellow instead of amber.

Back