Lockdown Security system

I have a similar system fitted and have to say that the 24/7 monitoring is brilliant, they have rang me on three occasions, one was when I disconnected the battery whilst fitting a radio that took them 40 seconds, next time it was picked up for service using a recovery vehicle that was just as quick as they spotted it moving without the engine running, the third time was when the Fiat dealer disconnected the battery whilst carrying out a warranty repair, so all in all I believe it was worthwhile having it fitted. As far as the comment if they want it they will steal it is concerned it’s make it as difficult as possible.

Forgot to mention on my last post I use a road wheel clamp and also a device called a Clutch Claw that was just over a £100, once set up correctly it locks the brake, clutch and throttle pedals so it cannot be driven, it only takes seconds to fit or remove. I am a volunteer with the Yorkshire 4x4 Response and use one on my 4x4 as I was so impressed the the first one I bought for the Motorhome. There is another device that most of our responders use called a Pedal Box again it locks the pedals down in a similar way. Again my insurance company offers a discount for using them.

Interesting that members are starting to comment on posts that ended over a year ago. Probably nothing to do with the new credit system :)

I have Outsmart the thief fitted. The initial outlay was less than 1.5% of the vans value so seemed like a no brainer to me.

Lockdown Security system

I did some research a while back on security for my motorhome. I looked at wheel locks, steering wheel locks, window and door locks etc and thought if someone wants it badly enough these mechanical devices are as much as useless. I then looked at Tracker systems are found a company based in York called Outsmart The Thief.
I was impressed with the Lockdown system. Apparently it has been on the go for about 12 years and to date it has 100% success rate for not losing a single van. They have 24/7 monitoring and on three occasions I have accidentaly opened the van without disarming the system. Within minutes on each occasion I receive a call to see if all is well. Can't rate it highly enough. Gives complete peace of mind.
Anyone else using Lockdown?

http://www.606060.com/
Just take my mother-in-law ! No one would come near . sorry couldn't help myself.

We have this too. The only time they’ve rung us is when we’ve been on the ferry to Ireland. Wonder why!
... no app though was told there wasn’t one ... we had one with the last tracker on a different van.

I have Global Telemetrics on my vehicle, I have access via an app

IMG_1947.jpg

Forgot to mention on my last post I use a road wheel clamp and also a device called a Clutch Claw that was just over a £100, once set up correctly it locks the brake, clutch and throttle pedals so it cannot be driven, it only takes seconds to fit or remove. I am a volunteer with the Yorkshire 4x4 Response and use one on my 4x4 as I was so impressed the the first one I bought for the Motorhome. There is another device that most of our responders use called a Pedal Box again it locks the pedals down in a similar way. Again my insurance company offers a discount for using them.

I now use the Pedal Box thanks to reading about it on this forum. It is very sturdy and I have a lot of confidence in it.

I also use a Disklok.

We have a "fit it yourself" tracker that you pay £24 upfront then just £24 per year.
This includes the server account and the mobile data for anywhere in UK or EU.
It emails you when the tracker leaves any geofence you have set up. There are other triggers you can set up,
You can see the current tracker position and show past routes on a web page.
The advantage of fit it yourself is that you can put it somewhere more unexpected. There are only + and - power leads to connect.
Another advantage is that it is cheap enough to be able to have a second, better hidden one as well.

Is it a TK102?
No. The trouble with TK102 is that there are loads of fakes/clones and most of them seem to have some huge snag. I have a couple of old TK102s that are great (apart from the power connection) but later models have vastly inferior firmware.

No. The trouble with TK102 is that there are loads of fakes/clones and most of them seem to have some huge snag. I have a couple of old TK102s that are great (apart from the power connection) but later models have vastly inferior firmware.
Can you provide more details please ?

I just start in Germany, Switzerland and Austria where crime is very low. With my first van I was abroad for a couple of years in total, and I was in Manchester/Liverpool for 3 days when my spare wheel was stolen.

Autowatch do a pager/tracker 973 it has 5 input triggers and 3 output triggers I get a txt when my alarm has been triggered and I can also send a txt to imobilise the engine and also to turn my heating on cost £150 and put a pay as you go sim in. My van also has 2 dummy trackers fitted and a battery powered retrieve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back