Lockdown Security system

Most Thatcham approvals are now out of date. OTT is recognised by insurance companies, see the website 606060.com . In any effect it is about protecting your investment rather than a discount on your insurance.

Most Thatcham approvals are now out of date. OTT is recognised by insurance companies, see the website 606060.com . In any effect it is about protecting your investment rather than a discount on your insurance.

Cat 5 & 6 Tracking has been replaced by VTS (which Lock Down isn't). The Gemini alarm offered on the website is Cat 1, but this will not satisfy most of the underwriters with customers having vans over the value of £60k and the Ford chassis (if the underwriter of your policy happens to be Aviva).
There may have been a deal made with some select insurers that will offer a discount of some kind, but the only product that is Thatcham approved is the alarm, the Lock Down is TUV approved and not Thatcham.
I couldn't agree more about protecting your investment one bit, but if your depending on both protection and the required VTS approval, you will have to consider other options out there.

This won't stop a break-in let alone a towaway but the simplest of [suitably sized] on/off switch secreted anywhere in or under your vehicle that makes and breaks the starter motor solenoid circuit would fool most thieving scum hoping to drive your pride and joy away. It would also defeat said scum 'hotwiring' after gouging out your ignition key barrel. An advance on that would be a three way switch that gives a further option to divert the current from the starter motor solenoid to the hooter...

I don't bother with any security apart from the dog but I've seen a few videos from this company,not sure how they hide their trackers but the baddies never seem to find them,and the owners seem to get their goods back...

I do not know what you mean by the username :whistle:. Please note I did not mention a specific alarm company, just that there were alternatives ;).

Fair point, not everyone wants to travel to have their investment protected. They have a network of installers, but are they specific motorhome installation engineers, or are the just generic vehicle installers fitting to all kinds of vehicles? Do these individuals have nearly 30 yrs experience in motorhome security? Are they the manufacturers of the product and can support it long term (as most MH owners don't change vans that often)? Just a few questions that I would be asking when spending tens of thousands on a M/H.

As you are quite right, Lock-Down isn't Thatcham but the Gemini alarm option is, however I would still consider looking at the standard spec of that alarm and the options you would like, then compare that to other people's systems on the market that have most of these features as standard.
Cat 5 & 6 Tracking has been replaced by VTS (which Lock Down isn't). The Gemini alarm offered on the website is Cat 1, but this will not satisfy most of the underwriters with customers having vans over the value of £60k and the Ford chassis (if the underwriter of your policy happens to be Aviva).
There may have been a deal made with some select insurers that will offer a discount of some kind, but the only product that is Thatcham approved is the alarm, the Lock Down is TUV approved and not Thatcham.
I couldn't agree more about protecting your investment one bit, but if your depending on both protection and the required VTS approval, you will have to consider other options out there.

But getting back to what the OP said, this thread was never about alternatives but to discuss the merits of the Lockdown system. Plenty of other threads about security sytems where you can wax lyrical. I am assuming you have never had this system and you may have a vested interest in other systems so I would surmise that it does not make you qualified to post in this thread. An alternative person than me might mistakenly think you were trolling. Just saying ;)

Lol, as I merely responded to a previous post about if the system was fully app driven and making out a few points that may be relevant in a choice of system (at no point mentioning a specific brand or product name), I would hardly count that as trolling. I am more than aware of the system and it's capabilities, one must never assume anything.
One also has to consider that 2 of my previous posts have been pulled up so it begs the question as to who's trolling who? Just saying ;)

I don't bother with any security apart from the dog but I've seen a few videos from this company,not sure how they hide their trackers but the baddies never seem to find them,and the owners seem to get their goods back...

That’s the one I got, very pleased with it and the company

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back