Motorcycle on a motorhome

The easylifter requires quite a lot of capacity on the rear axle , most 2 axle motorhomes will be unlikely to have such capacity available unless its quite a small scooter . Easylifer quote 200kg capacity but it didnt like a burgman 400 due to the weight distribution . I ended up with twin easylifters but that was on rear of US RV 12 tonner.

P1010584.JPG

This is the type we have .
That video would put me off, too many parts to phaph about with, to assemble and strip, storage etc checking for wear on pins and holes, ordering spares, I'd rather just get a box trailer and have the extra storage, £1600 is a lot of money towards a decent box trailer.

Needs a good clean and bit of paint but would look good once spruced up

That video would put me off, too many parts to phaph about with, to assemble and strip, storage etc checking for wear on pins and holes, ordering spares, I'd rather just get a box trailer and have the extra storage, £1600 is a lot of money towards a decent box trailer.

Yes I agree that if you're not full time and need to take it on and off all the time, but being full time it can be left on and if you use a ramp like Tim (zzr1400tim) does then it's essentially a transverse trailer. For me I get the jack out, jack it up, take off the wheels, lower it down and take my bike off. I chain the wheels to the main frame and it also makes driving my van off harder if someone wants to nick it. I've also replaced any pins that can be replaced with good old bolts and nyloc nuts. (y) I can see the point and advantages of an enclosed trailer but I would just fill it up with more crap :)

Regards,
Del

There is no more effort than removing from a Trailer as I see .I use a ramp most of the time drive bike up roll down easy for me at 64yrs old..
Only drop correctly if staying put for a few days..

No payload worries and no reverse problem..
Win win.

Each to their own of course it'd be my preference now, I would just prefer it to it being out in the open getting covered in road grime, not to have to worry about leaving it parked up, a box trailer of course give you somewhere else to hang up the lids and other biking gear and any other stuff up to 2t on a four wheel braked trailer.

Possibly the very worst bike I ever owned, sounded good though.

VN1500 on trailer behind Laika.jpg

Each to their own of course it'd be my preference now, I would just prefer it to it being out in the open getting covered in road grime, not to have to worry about leaving it parked up, a box trailer of course give you somewhere else to hang up the lids and other biking gear and any other stuff up to 2t on a four wheel braked trailer.

Possibly the very worst bike I ever owned, sounded good though.

View attachment 64726
Used to belong to Mercury Motorbike Club in Glasgow, and we often rode out to the Carbeth Inn in Summer for a Coffee and chat with other Bikers. Usual riposte when a Biker arrived on a Harley was, 'Oi, pal, your tractor's lost 2 of its wheels ...' Always went down well :)

Steve

Harley Furguson, yeah yeah yeah whatever laugh on

Bastarrdzz

Used to belong to Mercury Motorbike Club in Glasgow, and we often rode out to the Carbeth Inn in Summer for a Coffee and chat with other Bikers. Usual riposte when a Biker arrived on a Harley was, 'Oi, pal, your tractor's lost 2 of its wheels ...' Always went down well :)

Steve
Yeah we always used to slag them off cos we were lunatics. Last twenty years I changed my mind though, nowt wrong with a Harley except I don’t have one 😂😂😂

Yeah we always used to slag them off cos we were lunatics. Last twenty years I changed my mind though, nowt wrong with a Harley except I don’t have one 😂😂😂
I'd give my left nut for a Harley, even a lowly Sportster, there is an old one in a nearby garden centre, which looks really nice, not for sale, the owner is a hoarder.

If I could have a Avatar just for this part of the forum it'd be this one.

1665817057295.gif

I have a picture of the Sporster but I never titled it so still looking.

I'd give my left nut for a Harley, even a lowly Sportster, there is an old one in a nearby garden centre, which looks really nice, not for sale, the owner is a hoarder.

If I could have a Avatar just for this part of the forum it'd be this one.

View attachment 64731
My mate kept offering me his 1000. (Or maybe 1200?) sportster low rider back in the early 80’s. It was a lovely bike but I didn’t go for it because it had right foot gear change. Back then they didn’t need much excuse to really load the insurance. Other reason was I would have had to get rid of my 1100 Yam of course. Often think maybe should have gone for it but it was really right offer at the wrong time

I've had 5 HDs some were a good choice others less so, 1st was FXRP ex Texas fuzz bike, went like stink as it was geared for acceleration, but was mega uncomfortable, My mate had a Heritage softtail classic &I'd been on the back of him a few times I was surprised at how well it could be chucked about even two up, so I PXd the FXRP & bought a new one in 97, it got nicked, next was an Electra glide sport which I converted to a full Glide with all the trimmings, hit a bad patch and had to sell it to my mate who had the Softtail, I bought it back two years later then it too got nicked.

I made a rack from bits of one I took from an old Hymer. It successfully carried a 110 Piaggio scooter all around France and then a 110 Honda stepthrough. I used it with a folding aluminium ramp and it was an easy one-man job to load it. The Honda would actually show over 60 on the clock when flat out two up, this surprised me. I have also used a conventional bike trailer with my X5 on it, this was good but may be a little too long. The side loading trailer I used for a 650 BMW and an MTX 125 was shocking. It could not be reversed, it smashed into my rear bumper. The bikes could not be secured properly on it, it tried to eat the seat of the BM. There seemed to be nothing on the market that fitted my needs at a reasonable price. I have also owned 2 Dave Cooper trials type racks on 4x4s and found them impossible to load. A conventional bike trailer is fine if you dont have a problem with the length but I found most other products have their downsides or would benefit from modifications. By the way, I,ve always said that with a length of chain and a rope a Harley would make a good ship,s anchor. I have ridden a few.

I,ve always said that with a length of chain and a rope a Harley would make a good ship,s anchor. I have ridden a few.
Some people have taste and some people have opinions, opinions are like 4arseholes, everyone has one.

You are entitled to your opinion, I feel the same about pointless sports bikes.

;) ;) ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back