Motorcycle on a motorhome

Not always, some have a huge hump up front, you'd miss the bonnet altogether, you could put the awning out and drop onto that.

Alternatively

1673962579343.png

Final update, after a few trials and tribulations this was our current solution. We've removed the air awning and electric trike and are storing the scooter in the garage. A folding ramp allows entry when we remove the mirrors and I've installed a front wheel chock and 4 lashing points to the floor. A HydraLift may come later if we decide we need to put more back into Garage. Thanks for all the advice and suggestions

IMG_20230122_131438254_HDR.jpgIMG_20230122_131452625_HDR.jpgIMG_20230122_131040699_HDR.jpgIMG_20230122_131030748_HDR.jpg

Final update, after a few trials and tribulations this was our current solution. We've removed the air awning and electric trike and are storing the scooter in the garage. A folding ramp allows entry when we remove the mirrors and I've installed a front wheel chock and 4 lashing points to the floor. A HydraLift may come later if we decide we need to put more back into Garage. Thanks for all the advice and suggestions

View attachment 65625View attachment 65626View attachment 65627View attachment 65628
Brilliant Mark!

Hi Mark, glad you're sorted and it looks like the best option to me, out of site out of mind as they say.
Quick question, how well does that front chock hold the bike up? Before strapping it down?

Regards,
Del

Hi Mark, glad you're sorted and it looks like the best option to me, out of site out of mind as they say.
Quick question, how well does that front chock hold the bike up? Before strapping it down?

Regards,
Del
Hi Del, it holds the bike fine so you can then secure it at your leisure. The only issue is that because I prefer to pull over alongside the kerb, to lessen the angle on the ramp, the camber of the road means it rolls back out of the chock so I have to get SWMBO to strap front wheel into chock. I do then strap the front down but tbh I would get away with just strapping the rear

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back