Motorhome Tyres for Year Round Use, including Winter Travel to Spain

Listen carefully, I weel say thees onlee wonss.
Falken Wildpeak AT. 3 peak, all season, high sidewall rating to suit motorhomes, less road noise than nylon vancos. Just over half the price of BFGs when I bought mine. Delivered to your door. Ask Jeff lol.

Hi,

I got the new CrossClimate Camping 215/70R15 tyres fitted this morning. First drive was absolutely brilliant. Less road noise and they took away much of the bumpiness of the harder stock tyres too. They also look awesome.

I was asked that I provide my own high pressure valves though. I bought 4 of the the Schrader tr600 from EuroCarparts.

£749 inc VAT fully fitted by ProTyre.

View attachment 63250View attachment 63251View attachment 63252
The recent rise in the cost of living obviously hasn,t affected your tyre budget then. £190+ inc valves per corner. It,s your round. lol.

The recent rise in the cost of living obviously hasn,t affected your tyre budget then. £190+ inc valves per corner. It,s your round. lol.
Hi,

I just had a look at the Falken AT website and they do look a great choice for all year round with the 3 peaks winter rating.

Only problem I can see is they don't come in the commonly used 215/70R15. They have much more choice if you have 16" rims, but do check the max pressure in their chart as it looks like many don't allow over 50PSI

Oh and the CrossClimate did come in just below £190 fitted inc valves (at £1.19) each. Still very expensive compared to the competition.

Valves can be found here https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/schrader-tr600-high-pressure-valve-single-539772360

Best

Bet they don’t do them in 225/70/R15 with a 115N load rating though :(

Listen carefully, I weel say thees onlee wonss.
Falken Wildpeak AT. 3 peak, all season, high sidewall rating to suit motorhomes, less road noise than nylon vancos. Just over half the price of BFGs when I bought mine. Delivered to your door. Ask Jeff lol.
Very true Jim lolol

When it comes to any repair or replacement, my lack of knowledge means that I need only to know how to open my wallet; and what date the cretin card statement has to be paid ...

Steve

When got my BF goodrich they where 120 quid each I've noticed they are now over a 150 quid now ouch lolol
That was more expensive than my Four Seasons, thought AT tyres were cheaper, they always used to be. Has price risen as they are now fashion accessory? 😂😂😂

I am not sure now Neil got two notes saying new tyres fitted at 137000 miles on 15th of Jan 2018 and one saying new tyres fitted 22 of October 2019 at a 150000 miles must be getting old lolol

Got my Falkens just after Jeff got his BFGs I remember his being about £120 delivered and mine were £70 odd. Both sourced from Europe. To get a load rating at or more than the nylon Vancos originally fitted I had to go up one size in width. I checked the larger size was recomended for my wheels (Transit MK 7 chassis cab base with standard steel rims). The Vancos had zero grip on wet grass or light mud and not much more on tarmac but I was very surprised to find the Falkens were quieter on the road. If your seriously tight though, the Vancos on the rear of my van still had 6-8 mm on them after 28k when I sold them. I got £40 for the 4 and my mate fitted and balanced the Falkens for £30, mates rates. Win win.

My problem is 5 stud 15” wheels and an uprated van. Does save me searching through different brands though lol

That's why I went up to 16in wheel Neil way better choice for alloys and tyres.
Yes I thought I would have to do that Geoff but wheel and tyre place weren’t sure I had clearance on the front on full lock. I don’t think it was anything structural though so if I need to in future the option is there. It gets a bit eh watering though when you add a set of properly load rated wheels to a set of new tyres as I would need a spare as well and not sure if the 16” sprinter steels fit.

My back axle is 2430kgs rated at 4tonnes. I know now I could downplate it to 3.5tonnes if I wanted to though so that would give me more scope maybe on 15’s, axle was 2240Kgs originally rated at 3800kgs max. Seems the van originally came in at 3000kgs but not sure if that included the awning.

Yes I thought I would have to do that Geoff but wheel and tyre place weren’t sure I had clearance on the front on full lock. I don’t think it was anything structural though so if I need to in future the option is there. It gets a bit eh watering though when you add a set of properly load rated wheels to a set of new tyres as I would need a spare as well and not sure if the 16” sprinter steels fit.

My back axle is 2430kgs rated at 4tonnes. I know now I could downplate it to 3.5tonnes if I wanted to though so that would give me more scope maybe on 15’s, axle was 2240Kgs originally rated at 3800kgs max. Seems the van originally came in at 3000kgs but not sure if that included the awning.
Mine is light weight compared to yours Neil front 1650kilos rear 1550 kilos lolol

Mine is light weight compared to yours Neil front 1650kilos rear 1550 kilos lolol
Damn that is light, what is it rated at 3.3t? My front axle is higher than either of yours :(

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back