Our french trip

This is what I found at Chateau Chambord. I didn’t realise it was just an industrial weight Hozelock fitting. But I do now, thank you.

Cheers

H
Came across the same thing myself fortunately there was somebody around who pointed out that it was a heavy duty Hozelock connector.

We first came across it four years ago at St Hilaire de Riez on the West Coast, we stay at the aire on the beach because there is a forest for walking the dogs and a safe bit to swim in the sea for our granddaughter,
View attachment 46408

Terry we have been to St Hilaire de Riez , and yes it is beautiful , we also got told off for taking the dog on the beach , but like you said plenty of walks away from the beach

Just been down to empty the cassette before leaving Florac and there was another Brit there already emptying his.

He had full chemical gloves ( up to the elbow ) on and safety glasses.

I said to him ...... blooming heck mate your shyte must be seriously toxic if you have to wear PPE !!!!!!!!!

The look on his face said it all and i don't think i'm on his christmas card list ... lol.

Just been down to empty the cassette before leaving Florac and there was another Brit there already emptying his.

He had full chemical gloves ( up to the elbow ) on and safety glasses.

I said to him ...... blooming heck mate your shyte must be seriously toxic if you have to wear PPE !!!!!!!!!

The look on his face said it all and i don't think i'm on his christmas card list ... lol.

That’s another thirty bob wasted on the charm school fees then Mr Woo ...

Cheers

H

I wonder how many of us try to enlighten the French when they use a drinking water tap to rinse the cassette.
On our recentt trip to Brittany, I approached two, but they just don't seem to get it!:unsure:

I wonder is it just British paranoias and the need to embrace any and all health and safety edicts, no matter how sensible or ridiculous they are. I look at some of the food shops and markets and the relaxed attitude the continentals have towards it, you look at the number of men who pee without concern at the side of the road, my wife is appalled at the high rate of failure to wash hands after using toilets. Couple that with the fact that many will eat all and any sort of plant or animal, then we get a picture of a different culture.

It is not so long ago that few of us would have had access to proper sanitation or an attitude of cleanliness. Remember the old saying that a bit of dirt never hurt anybody and possibly helps build your immune system.

That is not to dismiss the very real health issues that can occur, but like the gut feeling in selecting an overnight stop, I either don’t fill or am happy to give the tap a wipe with antiseptic and carry on. It helps of course to have a large 140 litre tank kept topped up regularly to allow this leeway.

Davy

don’t know if it’s your kind of thing gordon but your only about 100mls west of the castle at treigny where they are building a medieval castle in a quarry in the woods mining there own stone dressing the timber etc started from scratch about 80% complete now they are using original methods of construction & make there own rope tiles etc on site , it featured on british tv as secrets of the castle i’ve been twice now but it really is my kind of thing lol

AA6EB4AF-AF21-46CA-BF1B-FDA1C9E21AAA.jpeg66F422D5-BD6C-4A45-8717-1FACCC2657E2.jpeg

You bet Kens mentioned this place before and I’m gonna try and get a look next month if my trip allows. Sell them some nice pvc doors windows a nice pvc conservatory and some of that vera duckworth cladding.?

Here’s are a few pics from chateaudun
Had a tour around it and few pics onto aires
The tapestry is amazing as was the courtroom from around 1460 sad to see knife scribes on the woodwork (big wully face the west wiz here) not sure about this it wasn’t in our brochure

E667DAE9-0624-495E-84C9-D622FCCB0C2A.jpeg36549C93-A2FF-4ADA-9302-330F8F8FFF5D.jpegCCD52161-DD0C-4E58-A6B1-37095F58E16F.jpegF7F09DDF-2D2D-43CB-B64F-1941EFBC0891.jpeg83ACCD86-4F7F-429D-8CB1-DAE52911A9BD.jpeg

Nice 1 ? glad you got there.

Did you do the steps opposite the aire ?

We are just north of there now at Bonneval.

Drove up through a hell of a storm, down to 10mph on the peage coming here.

Heavens have also just opened here making everyone run for cover.

Terrible forecast for tomorrow, seriously fed up.

Last edited:
It's absolutely honking it down !!!!!!!!!

May have to move on, the aire is starting to flood.

Really, really pissed off now.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back