OUR FUTURE MOTOR HOME.

But they can afford staff to deliver and collect vans.

So the next question is where is it now.
Can you see the outside of it.
Can you make an appointment to see it .even if there is no staff show me personally out of hours if necessary .
The address is a house on a housing estate.
I also don’t understand why one would say check my details a companies house.
Looks and smell like a scam.
I could always be wrong but seen all this before on Facebook.

Me I personally would walk away.

There were lots of holding companies made and in companies house. Going back years and were activated during the covid period and they in turn scammed this country for 50 k a time.

Last edited:
Thank you, and they are exactly the questions and more I'll be asking on Monday. I think it's probably the time tested old adage: if it looks to good to be true .....

You said £15,000 I thought? That advert says £11,700?

It sounds way way too cheap to me and I would not pay any money up front before seeing the van and checking it over, no least to check it exists.

I would also pay some of the money over if buying on a credit card. I believe the rule is if you pay for goods with a CC transaction of more than £100, the CC company become liable for the entire amount if there is a fraud issue or similar? don't take that as 100% correct and check the details but there is some advantage to you do do it that way.

They have quite a few motorhomes at too good to be true prices I would say.
They could very well be a perfectly respectable dealer in older but fine motorhomes and caravans but I'd have to wonder why on earth are they virtually giving them away compared to what anyone else is asking - and getting - for similar.

I looked at it as best as I could and it says well maintained, I think it looks quite scruffy, no carpets probably means they were very grubby as it's easy enough to clean them, even the cab carpet has gone and you can buy them from about £14 on Ebay.

I too like Fred would be walking away if when asked they cannot bring it to you so you can look at it and if happy buy it there and then, some one would have to bring it anyway so why not, there are too many iffys on this one so buyer be VERY aware, it might still be genuine but Liz who is a scam magnet says no chance.

You said £15,000 I thought? That advert says £11,700?

It sounds way way too cheap to me and I would not pay any money up front before seeing the van and checking it over, no least to check it exists.

I would also pay some of the money over if buying on a credit card. I believe the rule is if you pay for goods with a CC transaction of more than £100, the CC company become liable for the entire amount if there is a fraud issue or similar? don't take that as 100% correct and check the details but there is some advantage to you do do it that way.
Yes, the advert does say £11, 700 but there is vat to go on top of that apparently? Making it a bit over £14,000.

I'm not going to pay anything out until it arrives on our drive and I have the keys in my hand. Before that I'll be asking a lot of questions on Monday, so it might not even get to that stage. I think if we really can't even look at the outside to prove it exits, well walk away. Knowing our luck we'll miss a bargain, but then again we won't have possibly lost £14000. 🤷

I wondered if it could be Ex-VAT, but there is nothing to indicate that, there is no VAT registration info and the site would seem to be directed at end-users, so an inclusive of VAT price must be provided.
sorry, another nail in the "I am genuine" coffin for me.

apologies to Springford SP if my comments are incorrect, but calling it as it appears to me.

All you can do is get them to agree to what you need to go forward without parting with money, then it's down to you doing your due diligence, how far from you are they anyway?

All you can do is get them to agree to what you need to go forward without parting with money, then it's down to you doing your due diligence, how far from you are they anyway?
Only bout an hour - 45 mins. But he says at the moment due to staffing levels the yard is not open to the public 🤷 The address given looks like his home address on Google maps.

I'm going to ask to see ( via email ) the " receipts," habitation check certificate ( is that a legal requirement?) and mechanical report as apparently it's had a full habitation and mechanical check. and ask when the cam belt was last changed. I have to admit I haven't actually spoken to anyone yet as when we started looking we had just had our dog out to sleep and I just could do with actually speaking to anyone

so if you go to see it you save him three and a half hours, he has to agree to that if he has staff problems and of course, it would be seven hours as he needs someone to take him back or even more if he has to take a train or bus.

so if you go to see it you save him three and a half hours, he has to agree to that if he has staff problems and of course, it would be seven hours as he needs someone to take him back or even more if he has to take a train or bus.
Exactly, if he still says no, I think it's a walk away.

Back