Please please stay off the roads!,,,

Losing your life takes away many of your hard gained rights. Doing your own thing may take away someone else’s life.

Every year some 600,000 lose their lives in the UK. Death is a sad fact of life. Thats some 1,600 per day So far there have been equivalent of 2 days of normal deaths which have occurred WITH covid-19, not because of.
17,000 die of flue each year - should there be a lock-down each flu season?
Professor Neil Ferguson of Imperial College who has panicked the government into this lock-down believes it needs to last 18 months........ 18 months!
When swine flu hit the UK, he wanted all schools closed and forecast some 4 million would die globally of it. Schools weren't closed and just 18,500 died globally.
Professor Sunetra Gupta of Oxford University thinks the virus has been in the UK for longer than admitted and that there may well be 65% of the population who have already had it. And it has a low fatality rate. And we are near herd immunity.
We either have to have a vaccine which is thought to be 12-18 months away, or we have to have herd immunity - and to get that, healthy people have to get the virus.

[/QUOTE As I wrote earlier, UK statistics for covid-19 deaths include anyone who has the virus at time of death regardless of whether it was that that actually killed them. /QUOTE]
Conversely Germany does not test post-mortem which may explain why their death figures are lower

Every year some 600,000 lose their lives in the UK. Death is a sad fact of life. Thats some 1,600 per day So far there have been equivalent of 2 days of normal deaths which have occurred WITH covid-19, not because of.
17,000 die of flue each year - should there be a lock-down each flu season?
Professor Neil Ferguson of Imperial College who has panicked the government into this lock-down believes it needs to last 18 months........ 18 months!
When swine flu hit the UK, he wanted all schools closed and forecast some 4 million would die globally of it. Schools weren't closed and just 18,500 died globally.
Professor Sunetra Gupta of Oxford University thinks the virus has been in the UK for longer than admitted and that there may well be 65% of the population who have already had it. And it has a low fatality rate. And we are near herd immunity.
We either have to have a vaccine which is thought to be 12-18 months away, or we have to have herd immunity - and to get that, healthy people have to get the virus.

Possibly there’s more to their disagreement. Link

For those trying to justify other actions saying most accidents statistically happen a home.....there are new horrible stats looming about when and where fatalities are caused/happen. By leaving home to br "safer" does it count if you "accidentally" spread the virus. Just stay at home. Follow current guidance. Please.

According to the office of national statistics, this March had a lower mortality rate than the average for the last 5 years. It tends to be people who are very ill that are being tested, so the apparent fatality rate is artificially increased. A number of medical researchers are saying that the covid-19 is much more prevalent in the general population with many not even knowing they have had it, so the actual fatality rate is very low - much lower then normal flu which kills on average about 17,000 people each year in the UK.
Yet we do not lock-down the country for the flu season.
The other factor to consider is that when someone currently dies, it is recorded as a covid-19 death if they had the virus at time of death even if it was something else, or a combination of factors that resulted in the death.
A lot of hysteria has been whisked up by the media which itself is not healthy.
Both Sweden and Japan have taken minimal measures against this new virus and so far at least are not getting the dramatic increases that professor Ferguson of Imperial College has predicted. It is his mathematical modelling that has caused the UK government to take the unprecedented extreme measures we are forced to live under. It was his modelling that caused the mass slaughter of cattle in the BSE scare, and of animals in the Foot and Mouth scare. Both of which remedies in retrospect are considered to have been excessively extreme, and resulted in the bankruptcy of farmers and many suicides. It seems strange that this professor is being heeded while others who argue this remedy is far worse in its results than the virus itself are being dismissed. After all if the country is totally bankrupted by the lock-down there will in future be no NHS or state pensions, which would certainly cause many unnecessary deaths.
While it might well be sensible to take some precautions against this new virus - like not using public transport or being in closely crowded spaces, it seems to me to be very unhealthy to point the finger at others who are seen as not so virtuous as ourselves. After all, the panic may well be grossly over-blown.
So how many doctors and nurses die in the flu season then.? Not sure why you want to play this down so much ? Herd immunity is required. But let's not overload NHS. If your investments can spare another week it will reveal how pointless or not the restrictions are.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2cv
Hi All,

After hearing this forum via YT and having read the pages for a good few hours I wanted to sign up and have my say. I am currently staying with a relative (but in different parts of the house) until the lockdown is over and then I am going full time van dwelling. I have to say as someone who does not have social media I am worried about potential problems from not knowing what’s going on around me.

Anyway - at the start or March our daughter (16 months) had a fever for 4 days - and when medicaition started to not work we spoke to 111. She was taken by Ambulance to hospital and we were told she was suspected of having the virus but they wouldn’t test her - instead they would tell PHE. So I agree the figures probably are grossly inflated.

We were staying at a caravan site for 14 days so thought okay we would self isolate. They were told ( I think) because the next week the place was shut so we came home a week early. Now it was dead as it was being first week of the season so they could of ( and should of IMHO) just let us stay in the van for the remaining 9 days, but instead we were sent home, not really doing their bit to stop the spread are they.

Anyway 3 weeks on - and none of us are showing any symptoms - It is my understanding that it takes between 2-14 days to show them. I am disabled and a diabetic and I have been out shopping, the problem is people around here don’t respect the rules - I had 2 guys yesterday trying to pass each other in an isle whilst I was sat in the middle in the queue for the checkout!

I think being sat in the middle of no where and not seeing anyone for weeks would be the best option.. But time will tell.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back