Post a photo of your motorhome buddy

Minisorella;n32853 said:
Oh Steve, yours too... I'm so sorry. We also said the same thing three times when we lost dogs and the last time was the only time we stuck to it, mainly because our daughter had moved to Australia by then and we hated putting dogs into kennels for extended holidays. I honestly think the years of joy and companionship outweigh the sorrow at losing them... worth every tear. Every dog is different, so it's not like 'replacing'... more like bringing back the good memories and making new ones. Having said that, I definitely can't go back to having a dog again now that I'm on my own. There are still times when I just couldn't do it and the guilt would be awful. Meanwhile, I kidnap my son's bonkers cockerpoo and get my doggy fix that way :)

Thanks for the condolences Jennie.I totally agree that the years of fun and loyalty we get from our pets outweigh the grief of losing them.

Well we didn't last very long when we said that we're not going through that grief again.................3 days !! We decided that we were missing the character of this breed so I e-mailed the breeder where we originally got Ky from way back in 2004 telling him our sad news and asking whether he had any puppies available.He replied straight away to say that he had just mated a ***** and by a remarkable coincidence it was on the very same day that we had our beloved old lad put to sleep.What made it even more remarkable is that it is the first litter he has bred in 6 years.

We thought that this was fate and we were meant to have one of the pups so ordered a dog in advance.Fortunately there was 3 dogs in the litter and we pick our Alfie up in a couple of weeks.We went to see them last week and here he is.:Smiling_Face_Emoji:

20180420_121109.jpg

Awwwww Alfie is the cutest! I've totally melted looking at that photo and can't wait to meet him one day.
Erm... 3 days might just be something of a record :Tears_of_Joy_Emoji: Definitely a good decision and I wish you lots of joy with your new family member for many years to come :)

Aww he’s absolutely adorable

Dog-napped our daughters 6 month old “Poochon” (Toy Poodle + Bijon Friese) for our 2 week tour round Scotland. 1800 miles in 15 days and he loved every minute and every mile of it.

F5D4CF36-A0B1-4FFF-B4DC-4EB137A5B01D.jpeg9B331C30-4543-47AB-8834-BBC85558A1F4.jpeg

This is George,he was Toro in Spain where he was a street dog until being adopted and re-homed by ‘Spanish stray dogs Uk’ , they rescue and care for strays around Cadiz , the cost of importing him into the UK was £350 including all his papers,castration,jabs,wormers,vet checks and suitability assessments and there’s plenty left looking for homes.

963C28A7-C1E2-4B50-B1BE-9D80E56EDBFA.jpeg

88CD60B9-6376-43AD-BC7E-A3E4204741B7.jpeg

My 3 but only the brown one Taya travels with me the black one Derby comes when Bill travels with me and Poppy the white one is too old and too unwell to travel these days.

And now for something completely different.

How many birds can you see in this picture?

Well we had 5 between us last summer have 6 now. Only 4 in the picture, I think. Barnie the one in the foreground is very ill:sick: at the moment, she has overdone it a bit, she is single but they still lay eggs, instead of laying every other day as cockatiels normally do, she has been laying an egg every day, 6 of them, as well as sitting on the whole clutch, on her own, which couples normally share, she has worn herself out, on medicine from the vets to try to build her up. If she gets through the next couple of day we hope she will survive. All the birds love going out in the MH, when driving along they are all shut in cages and cages strapped in, they look out of the windows to see what's going past, they whistle to us and to other birds outside, or music playing in a vehicle next to us. We quite often shock people who are walking or driving past.:giggle:

Barnie has pulled through, till the next time in any case, that was her 4th emergency visit to the vets in 2 years!!

SAM_3402 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back