Prostate Cancer

Been for the Colonoscopy.

Back home, and fed, it went ok but the prep didn't entirely do its job, the surgeon said he saw no signs of cancer but couldn't be 100% sure, he too took some biopsies of polyps to examine, so need to wait and see, I have a baboons arse though.

Apart from the discomfort it was a real laugh, the surgeon had to call a halt as my bowel was bouncing about and the CO2 they inflated it with escaped at great volume out of the only available exit, the gas and air made my voice sound like Darth Vader, and the inhaler was sounding like him breathing, plus one nurse had the dirtiest laugh I've ever heard.

Been for the Colonoscopy.

Back home, and fed, it went ok but the prep didn't entirely do its job, the surgeon said he saw no signs of cancer but couldn't be 100% sure, he too took some biopsies of polyps to examine, so need to wait and see, I have a baboons arse though.

Apart from the discomfort it was a real laugh, the surgeon had to call a halt as my bowel was bouncing about and the CO2 they inflated it with escaped at great volume out of the only available exit, the gas and air made my voice sound like Darth Vader, and the inhaler was sounding like him breathing, plus one nurse had the dirtiest laugh I've ever heard.
So thats why it was windy here today & a sound like a old maratime fog horn. :eek: 😂

I'm partial to a bloody good fart Trev, I kept it going as long as I could too, one has a duty to perform, I've had Liz dive out of the bedroom before now.

I only drink Mint tea and coffee, the tea is good for the type 2 Diabetes, coffee doesn't seem to do much either way so I can drink as much as I like, but I do like it with sugar though so I have to limit it on those grounds, scuse pun.
Coffee is a no no fir me as alcohol..
My blader can not tolerate either at the moment..
Even decaf . water...only and 2 cups very weak decaf tea ,

Sometimes it makes me want to wee like a dog but I'm okay most of the time, what I can't do with is a skinny latte, may as well drink water.

Sometimes it makes me want to wee like a dog but I'm okay most of the time, what I can't do with is a skinny latte, may as well drink water.
Milk is the best thing to drink, water over time dehidrates you as you wee more than you can retain.

I'm a milk man, half a litre a day minimum, but not that semi skilled crap.

I'm not really any further forward, the consultant actually said on Thursday "I don't know why they brought you in now" They were supposed to have a meeting and review my case but that isn't until next week. He did show me the PET/CT scan on the screen, and there are definite hotspots to look at, but my PSA has been static around 12/13 for two years which is good, it was down at 4.5 in 2017 when I was first diagnosed, they are hovering between radiation treatment or observation, the issue I have is I'd have to go to Leeds every day for three weeks which would be a real PITA if I didn't really need to so I have to wait for another appointment which I've asked to be a phone app as they never examine me so half a day wasted for the sake of ten minutes, if I need treat meant it's three weeks every day in Leeds, might just go over in the van and wild camp somewhere.

I'm not really any further forward, the consultant actually said on Thursday "I don't know why they brought you in now" They were supposed to have a meeting and review my case but that isn't until next week. He did show me the PET/CT scan on the screen, and there are definite hotspots to look at, but my PSA has been static around 12/13 for two years which is good, it was down at 4.5 in 2017 when I was first diagnosed, they are hovering between radiation treatment or observation, the issue I have is I'd have to go to Leeds every day for three weeks which would be a real PITA if I didn't really need to so I have to wait for another appointment which I've asked to be a phone app as they never examine me so half a day wasted for the sake of ten minutes, if I need treat meant it's three weeks every day in Leeds, might just go over in the van and wild camp somewhere.
6 weeks after the operation I had follow up telephone appointment they analysed my prostate which had a large tumor that had broken through the wall they also took samples from the lymph and found a small node which was benign. My PSA is now less than .1 so 3 monthly PSA tests now for the next 2 years. The first one will be delayed by a month as we leave on the 23rd by shuttle for Spain on a 2 month delayed break.

I had another app at Urology yesterday and they started me on Hormone therapy, two jabs to start on either side of my stomach, I was okay at first then about 8 hours later I'm in a fair bit of pain when I move about much, I had an early night but I've been awake since 1:30, I'm going to ring them later but is this normal?

I had another app at Urology yesterday and they started me on Hormone therapy, two jabs to start on either side of my stomach, I was okay at first then about 8 hours later I'm in a fair bit of pain when I move about much, I had an early night but I've been awake since 1:30, I'm going to ring them later but is this normal?
I had the operation so don't know personally about hormone treatment but a good friend had the operation but they found cancer in his lymph glands so also had hormone and radiotherapy and didn't mention any pain after hormone it sounds horrendous I hope they sort it quickly.

I have my hormone jab in my bottom once every 3 months ,yes it hurts for a few days around it...

Back