Prostate Cancer

Yes I expect that will happen to me, I have to have a radiotherapy consult when we get back too I think, not booked yet, I think I'll have to have another PET CT, I don't mind but it's such a BOORING day.

I had the second hormone jab yesterday, just a single jab this time, but the pain, very intense pain kicked almost straight away, it was into the right side of my stomach, and it was bad enough to make me almost pass out and I felt sick too, the drive home was terrible, I was doing no more than 30 regardless of the speed limits most of the way as the slightest pothole or irregularity in the road made me wince, I dare not take the normal route home which would be Leeds, Guiseley, Bingley, Keighley, but went Leeds, Guiseley, Ilkley, Keighley which added over an hour to the journey but had less poor roads and speed bumps.

I must sound like a right wimp, but I have had some serious pain over the years & this beats it easily, even sitting to write this is quite painful.

I have a couple of numbers to ring after 8am to see if I can get some advice, but it's a leave a message and wait for them to ring back.

I had the second hormone jab yesterday, just a single jab this time, but the pain, very intense pain kicked almost straight away, it was into the right side of my stomach, and it was bad enough to make me almost pass out and I felt sick too, the drive home was terrible, I was doing no more than 30 regardless of the speed limits most of the way as the slightest pothole or irregularity in the road made me wince, I dare not take the normal route home which would be Leeds, Guiseley, Bingley, Keighley, but went Leeds, Guiseley, Ilkley, Keighley which added over an hour to the journey but had less poor roads and speed bumps.

I must sound like a right wimp, but I have had some serious pain over the years & this beats it easily, even sitting to write this is quite painful.

I have a couple of numbers to ring after 8am to see if I can get some advice, but it's a leave a message and wait for them to ring back.
It definitely doesn't sound right, you need help but I found the same they say they will ring back and don't. Have you spoken to the hospital that gave you it. Hope you get it sorted quick.

It definitely doesn't sound right, you need help but I found the same they say they will ring back and don't. Have you spoken to the hospital that gave you it. Hope you get it sorted quick.
I rang the department 10 minutes ago told them I was in pain, so now I sit and wait and home they don't ring if I forget my phone and go to the loo.

• Sad
Reactions: 2cv
I rang the department 10 minutes ago told them I was in pain, so now I sit and wait and home they don't ring if I forget my phone and go to the loo.
Hope you are ok bud, hang on in there, if not sorted get yourself back to hospital pronto. (y)

Not sure about in the bottom, especially if I'm going to be driving all day for 6 weeks.

My other drugs give me fatigue anyway, I took some Tramadol this morning to see if it might help, it isn't.

Still waiting for a callback, not impressed with the backup support at all.

Not sure about in the bottom, especially if I'm going to be driving all day for 6 weeks.

My other drugs give me fatigue anyway, I took some Tramadol this morning to see if it might help, it isn't.

Still waiting for a callback, not impressed with the backup support at all.
If you suffer from fatigue you shouldn't driving when I go to hospital I get the wife to drive me home like I did yesterday after I had a camera up my willy now I am peeing broken grass lol

I'm fine driving GG, there's plenty of input to keep me awake, and I don't take the sleepy mouse drugs when away in the van until we stop for the night.

No way Liz is driving with me as a passenger.

That what I say about my wife but I sooner her driving than have a prang
I always read the side effects of any new drug GG, and almost without fail they include "may cause drowsiness if affected don't drive or operate machinery" so I don't but before long so insurance company will be making drug tests for prescription meds compulsory following an incident so they can get out of a claim.

Even this:-

Paracetamol side effects
From sources across the web​

Pinpoint red spots on the skin

Diarrhea

Loss of appetite

Stomach cramps or pain

Nausea

Right upper stomach tenderness

Sweating

Yellow eyes

Dark urine

Chest tightness

Melena

Decreased Urination

Dizziness

Mouth ulcers

Tiredness

Bleeding

Kidney damage

Wheezing

They called me back about 3pm, the pain is normal but not everyone gets it.

Feeling much better this morning, it still hurts but I'm much more mobile, so the plan is two new tyres tomorrow morning, top up the LPG, a trip to a supermarket and off down the east coast to the ferry and France.

They called me back about 3pm, the pain is normal but not everyone gets it.

Feeling much better this morning, it still hurts but I'm much more mobile, so the plan is two new tyres tomorrow morning, top up the LPG, a trip to a supermarket and off down the east coast to the ferry and France.
Where in France are you planing to go???

There's a 600+ posts thread on WC GG covering questions I had along the way, as not been in a Moho only on a bike a couple of times.

But the initial goals are to pay our respects at the WW2 stuff on the north coast (& I need to go to the Pegasus bridge again for Liz) then we'll just meander around pointing towards brightest sky, we need to go to the Monet Garden for Liz west of Paris, we will pick up so TI leaflet no doubt along the way to see if we need to go somewhere.

There's a 600+ posts thread on WC GG covering questions I had along the way, as not been in a Moho only on a bike a couple of times.

But the initial goals are to pay our respects at the WW2 stuff on the north coast (& I need to go to the Pegasus bridge again for Liz) then we'll just meander around pointing towards brightest sky, we need to go to the Monet Garden for Liz west of Paris, we will pick up so TI leaflet no doubt along the way to see if we need to go somewhere.

My plan is get off at Dieppe and turn right

Back