Prostate Cancer

So what do I do!!!
Contacted dr for a psa test and receptionist told me had to be approved by dr.
Then got a text with a link detailing how unreliable the results + or - can be.
Told to make an appointment if I still want one which dr will approve🤔
I have no symptoms that I am aware of. Age 66
Think I may have had a test 10 or more years ago as part of well man check up. Never a physical glove examination 😬

Insist on it... blood test and examination.

So what do I do!!!
Think I may have had a test 10 or more years ago as part of well man check up. Never a physical glove examination 😬
Push for blood tests.

I've just got home from a prostate biopsy in Jimmys in Leeds, not liking that at all, 4 jabs to numb me, then a bloody walking stick up me jacksie, then he gets to work, stops and asks his assistant for a bigger needle thing, total absence of mirth at that point, more discomfort than painful 3 out of 10 say.

I took the wheelchair as walking isn't really an option yet, Liz wheeled me in, then the doc? took me into the procedure room, 15-20 minutes later all done, what pisses me off is I told them my movement wasn't good hence the wheelchair, but the lubricant they used, they just left it, no clean up at all, go get dressed and of course, as soon as you stand up, well you can imagine, then when I managed to wheel my self out into the main hall to find Liz who'd gone for a coffee and a newspaper and no signal, two places to get coffee two places to get a paper, so I had to wheel myself outside quite a way to get a signal to let her know I was out, not as bad as I thought but I was reacting to the anaesthetic, I still am 4 hours later and anaesthetic has worn off, but I get seriously itchy and I get blisters all over, I had this reaction once when they did a flow test and I was so bad I had to stop the test but I managed this time.

Anyway all over now for a while at least, my prostate is 52mm dunno what that actually means I was curious so asked.

Sounds big, mine has burst outside a little but psa or whatever is low, 3.5, the tabs im on are not nice and feel sleepy and burning legs.
Hope you are ok, do keep on top of it. (y)

I feel fine Trev, apart from the peeing I've not had a touch of pain other than biopsies.

Had flow test just waiting results to see if I can start radio therapy. Consultant has put me forward for pearls trials.
Which would be radio therapy every day for 4 weeks.
Hormone therapy is going well my bust has increased in cups size .🤣🤣

Sounds big, mine has burst outside a little but psa or whatever is low, 3.5, the tabs im on are not nice and feel sleepy and burning legs.
Hope you are ok, do keep on top of it. (y)
PSA isn't so much of an indicator now it seems, only a lets have a look, but I think it should be on any blood test list after age 50.

The biopsy I had yesterday was in the perineum not rectal, apart from a lot of blood when I had a pee last night and a tiny nip now and then it's fine, no more blood though.

So what do I do!!!
Unreliable true. At PSA 4 mine was 7/11th cancer. Had treatment, radiotherapy. That was 20 years ago. Last year PSA 37, they couldn’t find a trace anywhere, but hormones just in case, back down to negligible, a year later going up again, more hormones, still here going with the flow…the flow is quite good actually. Main issue is fitting the injections around the travels, main problem to deal with is nhs burocracy…takes some work to remind folks who calls the shots, doctors are quite helpful and amenable, admin…another story! Communications…chaotic. Somewhere up a mountain pass in the Maritime Alps…life has a good perspective.

I went to Urology today, not good news from the biopsy, I was Gleeson 3, and now I'm up to Gleeson 4, however, my PSA is down, I'm booked in for a bone scan next and I had another blood test today, so it looks like I may have to start treatment, Liz asked the awkward question, four and a half years perhaps, not over the moon about that as I just bought a new 10 passport.

As someone replied, insist, insist my GP refused several times, so….. I went online and booked a blood test ( our surgery allows self booking for a blood test ) so on the day I turn up expecting to be told to go away, the male nurse asks why I’m having a blood test, oh forgot to mention I’d received two txt reminders for the appointment. So I tell him I wanted a PSA test, how it’s advertised on the TV and how I’m over 50’so recommended and entitled…. Ummmmm, he’s apparently not allowed unless approved by GP so I tell him best get it approved:) as im here waiting. Some 10
Minutes pass and he gets the OK from the GP but informs me I’ll not get another …… well let’s see about that !!

I’m surprised they are taking so long, hubby got diagnosed just before Xmas last year, consultant told us they had a month to diagnose and another month to start treatment or else they get hefty fines, had his op end Jan. Been very good care both hospitals and GP, was 3 monthly, now 4 monthly psa checks for 2 years. Oncology nurses are fab, always have the time to answer any questions, no matter how long it takes.

I’m surprised they are taking so long, hubby got diagnosed just before Xmas last year, consultant told us they had a month to diagnose and another month to start treatment or else they get hefty fines, had his op end Jan. Been very good care both hospitals and GP, was 3 monthly, now 4 monthly psa checks for 2 years. Oncology nurses are fab, always have the time to answer any questions, no matter how long it takes.
Lucky, i had one doc wanting to remove saying its the best option, second doc says no we will go with tablets, so the cancer is still in me, i think this is daft but they are prob saving money at my expence.

Covid, everything is blamed on Covid.

Back