The nightmare continues.......

Sorry to hear you've got problems, Rog... They're part of the Motorhoming adventure.. There to be overcome.
Do you remember that we had similar problems with both our semi auto Renault's.?
The Magneto Marrinelli , hydraulic unit, From Fiat, as fitted to Ferraris,
Has a wear and tear fault on the terminals of the pump servo motor.
We found out that about every 22500 miles, the insulation breaks down , causing arcing to the adjacent aluminium frame.
It can be repaired by re insulating the offending wires
We sold our van at 52000 miles.
Leaving a spare servo unit with the dealer.
It turns out that, very soon after the proud new owner trundled off his forecourt ...
The fault happened again...
Don't let them do heavy strip- down repairs, until they have checked this out
Best wishes,
Paul and Management
Thanks Paul, sound advice. Hope you’re both keeping well.

Knowing how Rog loves his van, I came up with an idea which could stop him missing it.
He could come and wash/polish mine. He is at one end of the street and we are the other.
He is so close, he could even pop home for his bacon sarnies.

Knowing how Rog loves his van, I came up with an idea which could stop him missing it.
He could come and wash/polish mine. He is at one end of the street and we are the other.
He is so close, he could even pop home for his bacon sarnies.
How many bacon sarnies to the metre. For the sake of argument lets say ten. Two metres apart, that equals 20 butties. If there's a problem with consumption, I could be persuaded to make a trip to East Anglia.

How many bacon sarnies to the metre. For the sake of argument lets say ten. Two metres apart, that equals 20 butties. If there's a problem with consumption, I could be persuaded to make a trip to East Anglia.
Thanks Del. I’ve already told Les that I will perfectly happy to polish his van, when I get back from jumping off this cliff!

That's a sign that you're thinking positive thoughts, Rog .
You really do expect to come back from the cliff edge.
Enjoy the view.

Think we are nearer and much more deserving of bacon sarnies😋😋😋

Hope the repair is just a minor one, despite what more knowledgeable people are saying!

Thanks Del. I’ve already told Les that I will perfectly happy to polish his van, when I get back from jumping off this cliff!

Roger have you looked around you, normally they there us a phonebox on the cliff edge.
Yoy can use it to just ring the garage again, to make sure if the van is terminal or you should find the Samaritans number in there.
😁😁

Roger have you looked around you, normally they there us a phonebox on the cliff edge.
Yoy can use it to just ring the garage again, to make sure if the van is terminal or you should find the Samaritans number in there.
😁😁
I don’t know what I would do, without your sound advice Lee.
Actually, I will feel a whole lot better when my garage can start looking for the problem, at the moment, it’s the not knowing that is driving me round the bend! Hopefully the van will be transported over there sometime today.

Things sometimes go the positive way , I had a problem with the Engine fan not unlocking ,it is controlled by its own ecu . I had checked the fan itself and it checked out OK . So it had to be the ecu . Due to the vehicle , the parts supplier is in Germany . I managed to find one with a Military vehicle seller in UK ex MOD . Just over £1000 +vat !! . By chance I heard of Apuljack engineering , on forum (they repair and modify MoHo charging electronic units) I sent the ECU to them after enquiring . They repaired and upgraded the ecu in less than 2 weeks and for less than £90 inc postage .

I feel sorry for Rog.
Now that his van is off line, he is wandering up and down the road with a glazed look on his face following his dog.
It had got so bad that Chris was with him yesterday gently guiding him by the hand.
Poor old soul.

😁😁
Are the Samaritans a bit like the AA, RAC, or Green Flag?

I think this was just drama, they don’t have any cliffs near Rog do they, isn’t it flat fen land? 😂😂😂😂

I'm watching this thread with interest and the hope that your van is quickly (and cheaply) back on the road.

Didn't know you live in Brecks. I'm going to have to be extra polite to you in future.... my mother's side of the family came from there......most cottages now lost to Stanta, although others in Rocklands survive.

I think this was just drama, they don’t have any cliffs near Rog do they, isn’t it flat fen land? 😂😂😂😂
Roger was only ever going to jump off a very low cliff. What you and I would call a dune. A tall kerb brings on his vertigo.😳
Queue the Pink Panther theme. Dereham, Dereham, Dereham, Dereham de dum, de dum

I'm watching this thread with interest and the hope that your van is quickly (and cheaply) back on the road.

Didn't know you live in Brecks. I'm going to have to be extra polite to you in future.... my mother's side of the family came from there......most cottages now lost to Stanta, although others in Rocklands survive.
Your mother didn’t happen to ride a chariot with swords mounted on the wheels did she?
Thanks for your good vibes 👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back