The nightmare continues.......

Good stuff. Please keep the old one for Tommy to perform a post mortem on - he loves taking stuff apart and seeing how it works, could be quite neat :)

Today was an XBOX that was the victim of a toddler that thought glue would stop it rejecting a damaged disc....

Good stuff. Please keep the old one for Tommy to perform a post mortem on - he loves taking stuff apart and seeing how it works, could be quite neat :)

Today was an XBOX that was the victim of a toddler that thought glue would stop it rejecting a damaged disc....
Hi Guys, hope you’re all feeling well in these strange times, I will try to save what can be saved. The new gearstick will have to be fitted into the old housing, replacing only the actual stick and the sender unit. It may be that there is not much to salvage, but I will see what can be done.
Stay safe all of you. R.

Hi Guys, hope you’re all feeling well in these strange times, I will try to save what can be saved. The new gearstick will have to be fitted into the old housing, replacing only the actual stick and the sender unit. It may be that there is not much to salvage, but I will see what can be done.
Stay safe all of you. R.

We're OK Rog, cheers.

Anything at all will be good to 'play' with. Anything to keep him off the computer!

Well that’s the van home, complete with MOT!
Quite a nail biting afternoon, waiting for the phone call, but very happy now.
Steve, I’m very sorry but what was left of the gear lever has been thrown in the skip, I forgot to ask them to save it.
Taken her for a quick test drive, along the A11, and she performs very well in both Manual and Automatic modes. I know that basically she only has a new ‘Sender Unit’ but it feels like the gear change is crisper and smoother, but that might just be my imagination!
Thanks everyone for all your input. 👍

It's great to hear that the van is fixed and you're back on the road.
What a great relief ot must be for you.
Happy travels when it's safe to venture out.
👍👍👍

Great to read!
It does appear the auto gearbox function was not performing well but worked !
All seems 100%...Worrying but in the end a good result !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back