" tip of the day "

If anyone has their van parked up for a long period this time of the year, a good ‘Tip for the day’ is, make sure you open all cupboards, doors to create one space, so that if you have heating in there, you don’t subconsciously create colder ares where condensation will form.

If anyone has their van parked up for a long period this time of the year, a good ‘Tip for the day’ is, make sure you open all cupboards, doors to create one space, so that if you have heating in there, you don’t subconsciously create colder ares where condensation will form.
Also good to drop the drop-down bed if applicable, which is what I do.

We decided that melamine was a compromise too far for us when motorhoming so bought a set of Corelle crockery around 10 years ago and they look as good now as the day we bought them. Better than eating off plastic plates we think and lighter than home china.

We got ours for around 40 quid for a set in a sale at a caravan dealers shop. Safe for microwaving plus a nicer feel than eating off melamine we think.

We decided that melamine was a compromise too far for us when motorhoming so bought a set of Corelle crockery around 10 years ago and they look as good now as the day we bought them. Better than eating off plastic plates we think and lighter than home china.

We got ours for around 40 quid for a set in a sale at a caravan dealers shop. Safe for microwaving plus a nicer feel than eating off melamine we think.
yes a bit similar to ours but we had a good discount on ours from Brownhill's club member with 20% off they save rattles weight & clean easy & there is some lovely pattens now & look like ceramic not like the old ones .cheyenne

Also good to drop the drop-down bed if applicable, which is what I do.
yes we did that with our first m/h back in the nineties as the bed would be damp with no air circulation same model as this .that van was the start of our adventures some good some bad thats camper/m/h touring for you .cheyenne

4319-e2141fc3f3.jpeg

We prefer plain plates then if one get broken easier to replace, beside the only pattern we want to see is food.

We use ordinary ceramic plates and melamine, the melamine ones go between the ceramic plates to stop rattles.

We got our melamine set from Costco a couple of years or so back on a visit with Charlie. You can microwave ours no problem as I put half the set in the house when I was reducing van weight. Folks don’t think it’s melamine as they don’t look like camping stuff does, quite a lot heavier.

Just check before you buy. Some doesn’t microwave and some shatters into an awful lot of pieces when dropped

I think ikea do something in a similar material. And cheap.

most season harden tourers know that the plastic strip's are crap to get you out of the mud this is what we use get a bread crate cut the sides off then cut in half ' we have 6 put 2 at back then the 4 joined together at the front never got stuck .cheyenne

DSC03148.JPG

I think ikea do something in a similar material. And cheap.

I think it's toughened glass. Certainly more homely than melamine anyway.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back