Traveller problem. What would you do ?

Cookies

We are on a camping and caravan cs in Lincolnshire .
The owners have let traveller family on the site because they said they have membership.unlikely.
I have expressed my concerns to owners
Owners are unwilling now to challenge them to leave obviously because of reprisals .
We are animal lovers and they have a dog locked in transit van for about 16 hours even though he said they had no dog.
It's a brilliant site and we really needed this break.
Should we go when we've done nothing wrong?
Any thoughts appreciated.
20200129_092917.jpg20200129_174051.jpg20200129_092917.jpg20200129_174051.jpg
Yes I know tranny is un taxed

I've regularly stayed on a site (C and C club) that had several travelers pitched on it....
And they were less of an issue than some of the other occupants with their ferral kids....

They were always friendly and fascinating to talk to...
Kids well behaved and the area around their pitches was kept immaculate.

There as ever are good folks and bad folks in all walks of life...

Very easy to judge when you pigeon hole people.

Only concern I see is the dog being shut in the van for that length of time, are you sure that they don't take it out, it was up to the site owners to check if they were members of the club on arrival if they didn't that's down to them, as it is to apply rules etc , I believe that gas bottle is against club rules again not much you can do, at least the travelling lady that stayed next to us a while back disguised hers. Who knows they might even be regular customers the owners certainly wouldn't be able to turn them away just because they are travelling folk even though a lot of commercial sites try to get over this by banning commercial vehicles.

I would leave ! We have just got an invasion of travelers in our local Asda car park , bet the don't pay exes parking charge ,

Dogs can be shut up for 16 hrs without it being cruelty our neighbours are only left out in the afternoon/evening and if its raining they chose to stay in then. If they worry you move on don't stay there find somewhere else

I think the title of the thread is a bit misleading ............. clearly you haven’t identified any “traveller problem” ........ if the keeping of the dog in the van is causing it distress that you have identified and have evidence of .... call the RSPCA ........... I’m not sure why we need a surreptitiously taken pic of the transit.

OP said the van is not taxed, hence the reg pic I suppose.

I've seen the trouble this lot often cause, but they are on a campsite and you haven't seen any bad behaviour. Much better than on the local football pitch. Dog? Is the 16hrs a slight exaggeration by any chance? Does the dog appear unhappy, barking all day? RSPCA would be the way forward if you have concerns.

Not sure the RSPCA are what they used to be, one granddaughter is fully qualified veterinary nurse and she has no time for them. If there is food and water and ventilation in the van the dog should be okay. When we were both working there could be times when ours may have to have been alone that long although rare.
We had a motorhome and large van both with big trailers come on a site we were on in Skye last January that were Irish Travellers. They didn’t follow site rules regarding dogs on leads but didn’t do anything wrong and certainly no mess or trouble. I try to live and let live, if I don’t like something I tend to move but I can understand you can be concerned first time you come across things.

I think we are in danger of infringing their privacy.
I remember being most put out when a member of the public stopped their car when exiting New Dover Road P&R and took photos !
Unfortunately I did not have a camera to hand. ! to retaliate.
It is again another thing to post on any social media platform.
Interested to know what "the boss' thoughts are!" Re the privacy element !

I think we are in danger of infringing their privacy.
I remember being most put out when a member of the public stopped their car when exiting New Dover Road P&R and took photos !
Unfortunately I did not have a camera to hand. ! to retaliate.
It is again another thing to post on any social media platform.
Interested to know what "the boss' thoughts are!" Re the privacy element !
Interestingly checking the insurance state for a vehicle requires you to fulfill certain criteria..
Screenshot_20200131-114432_Chrome.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back