Traveller problem. What would you do ?

Thought we'd already said the van was insured? This will cover 3rd parties if involved regardless of If it is taxed or not....

Thought we'd already said the van was insured? This will cover 3rd parties if involved regardless of If it is taxed or not....

How has the Insurance been checked? Askmid needs you to confirm that you are entitled to check for Insurance. None of us are (unless someone lies about that).

Also regarding Insurance, this vehicle has no MOT (hasn't since April 2019). In the event of an accident VOSA can examine the vehicle to assess its pre accident condition. If they deem it unroadworthy, the Insurance company can refuse to pay out (to the person holding the Insurance and the Third Party).

My feeling in this instance is that the van could be on cloned plates and that is why there is no MOT, because the MOT system is computerised and any anomaly would come to light. This again would cancel any Insurance claim.

I’d suggest if you are that concerned about tax, insurance, MOT, dog whatever, that you phone the Police and the RSPCA - then make yourself scarce before they arrive.

Very difficult for you and not helped by some of the negative comments (of which I may have made one)
Nothing worse than bad neighbours.
Hope they move on very soon but if not suggest you move..again Nothing worse then being worried about your situation

Not been able to get internet for a while to respond . But after a few more days.
Their dog is left up to 17 hours a day in back of transit . He's told owners of site he hasn't got a dog !
Toilets are left in a mess after they've been in them.
They empty toileting bucket into shower tray
He told owners he isn't working, don't know why he leaves early morning in his van after he's revved it up for 15 minutes.They told him specifcally no working from site.

They shout and argue every day after the evening drinks....proper shouting.!
Smoke in toilets and shower.

Owners are understandably frightened to tell them to go because of reprisals. And are just hoping they leave on Tuesday with no fuss.
They've asked is not to leave as we are witnesses to their behaviour.
They are going to exclude vans of certain length and size in the future.

To state... I am definitely not racist and take great offence at accusations that I am.
I hope thay leave on Tuesday, as dog is left in the van for 17 hours a day, yet you say he goes away early every day in his van, hope you get back to a quiet break, and stop you following his van for 17 hours,

If it were me I would have left long ago.
I don't go camping to be annoyed/worried about neighbours.
If uncomfortable I just move on.
As for being asked to stay as a witness......it's his problem not yours.

100% in agreement..
Why tell the police..they do not seem to be able to deal with those "of no fixed abode"
I am not complaining about those of "no fixed abode" but they should comply with the law etc.

I hope thay leave on Tuesday, as dog is left in the van for 17 hours a day, yet you say he goes away early every day in his van, hope you get back to a quiet break, and stop you following his van for 17 hours,
He went out in the car 8am on Saturday the van didn't move
So from 4 pm on Friday when he got home in the van to 8.30 am Sunday that poor dog or dogs is currently 40.5 hours locked in a cold van. It's

It might seem right to travellers to treat animal's that way and the dog/dogs probably has no known no different life but I think it's totally disgusting. No one does anything because of reprisals.
Anyone thinking this is ok obviously doesn't care about animal's.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing .... Edmund Burke.

You have a phone ... phone the RSPCA. Phone the local Council, they will have a dog Warden. Phone the Police about noises coming from a van, you know it is not a dog because he said so. I'm not asking you to go 3 rounds with him.

He went out in the car 8am on Saturday the van didn't move
So from 4 pm on Friday when he got home in the van to 8.30 am Sunday that poor dog or dogs is currently 40.5 hours locked in a cold van. It's

It might seem right to travellers to treat animal's that way and the dog/dogs probably has no known no different life but I think it's totally disgusting. No one does anything because of reprisals.
Anyone thinking this is ok obviously doesn't care about animal's.
IL not reply again. Seems your story changes to someone's post. Maybe more clarity in yours would not confuse people. Enjoy your wee break

If the ops allegations are true,then he is as guilty as the person he is accusing! It seems has time to bleat here but by doing nothing I don’t see his behaviour any better. By doing absolutely nothing he can’t care that much.

If the allegation is valid and the perpetrator is a gypsy they will be used to random visits from the rspca to check on welfare of animals , it is a regular part of rspca work.

To honest thats normal treatment for animals in ireland and not just the travelers,even see it on tv when some farms get raided and farmers charged by police for cruelty treatment of animals disgusting as it may be.

So the "Fun & Friendly" community ???
I dislike the "battering" the OP has got from SOME !

Yes they made an error in posting the van's number plate. ( as have others who have used it to check on tax and insurance )
The OP appears to be really worried about reprisals (as it seems is the campsite owner).
Who knows are they a single female ?

If I were them I would cancel my membership and ask ADMIN for a refund !

Yep call me a "snowflake"
Perhaps as has been suggested this thread should be locked moved or deleted

I don't understand what the OP is asking? Should he just move on and do nothing? Surely if his concern is for the dog then he has answered his own question, his conscience should tell him to report it, even if nothing is done about it, at least he tried. Lots of people go out all day to work and leave their dogs locked up, maybe in a room in a house, and many breeders of small dogs keep them in cages all day, is that any better or worse? does he know the conditions in the back of the van?

We are on a camping and caravan cs in Lincolnshire .
The owners have let traveller family on the site because they said they have membership.unlikely.
I have expressed my concerns to owners
Owners are unwilling now to challenge them to leave obviously because of reprisals .
We are animal lovers and they have a dog locked in transit van for about 16 hours even though he said they had no dog.
It's a brilliant site and we really needed this break.
Should we go when we've done nothing wrong?
Any thoughts appreciated.
View attachment 52790View attachment 52791View attachment 52790View attachment 52791
Yes I know tranny is un taxed
If the van is untaxed - report it to the police. If the dog is in danger or causing a nusance call RSPCA or police or local council.

1. aren't we all "travellers" ? !
2. if you don't like the company on any particular site - isn't it good that you have what the dvla calls a "motorcaravan" - you can move it elsewhere ! Possibly to a new discovery you may like even better.
3. What is all this about an untaxed vehicle - no vehicles show tax discs now so how does anyone know, short of doing the online checks (did you (?!) if a vehicle is taxed or Mot'd or insured ?
4. different cultures have different attitudes to many things, including animals and general boisterousness, we either like, join in, put up with, or move away ! Its real life !
I suspect these people are not of traditional english gypsy descent (as I am), or you would see nothing but respect for others. They are probably not "Irish travellers", or they would not have bothered to use a c.s., they are probably a family of in betweeners, struggling to work out what exactly they are, and there will be some period of evolution before they become acceptable to you. Stay and watch that evolution if it interests you and you are not directly affected - if not move away !

Hi what is the difference between a motorhome full time. Caravanner full time and a traveller. Or rather how can you tell who is what. Also if the dog is in the van all these hours. How do you know. Are you watching all doors for all those hours not sleeping. Also if the van is there all those hours does it need to be taxed if it is off the road. I would think a campsite is private ground. As for dumping its waste and making a mess. Did you see this or are you surmising. I think there is a bit of bias here. Unless of course a lot more is seen or you are aware of that you might be aware off. Most travellers I have met have always been polite good mannered Clean. When they leave they might leave a mess. Still everyone has there own opinion. ,,,,,what about the. New age people. !!!!!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back