Traveller problem. What would you do ?

Hi what is the difference between a motorhome full time. Caravanner full time and a traveller. Or rather how can you tell who is what. Also if the dog is in the van all these hours. How do you know. Are you watching all doors for all those hours not sleeping. Also if the van is there all those hours does it need to be taxed if it is off the road. I would think a campsite is private ground. As for dumping its waste and making a mess. Did you see this or are you surmising. I think there is a bit of bias here. Unless of course a lot more is seen or you are aware of that you might be aware off. Most travellers I have met have always been polite good mannered Clean. When they leave they might leave a mess. Still everyone has there own opinion. ,,,,,what about the. New age people. !!!!!!
Probably very little difference as someone who full timed for four years and been in a caravan through choice since before Christmas. People like to label,and in realty it means very little.

Full timers in caravans and motor homes are people that live in them , Travellers, Gypsies, etc are classed as a race whether they live in a caravan , vardo etc or a house they are still gypsy/ traveller ,as for how can you tell the difference in my case as I was brought up amongst quite a few (mainly Romany ) and still have quite a few gypsy friends I can normally tell by the way they talk and I mean the way they talk not just the accents but certain words . As for New Age travellers the only experience I had of those was many years ago just outside Norwich at Ringland Hills, just looked like a load of dirty sods taking all sorts of drugs and shagging anything that moved judging by the tree decorations left in the former local beauty spot,

New Age travellers are classed as an ethnicity at revision of the race equality act more to do for the kids who are born in and no other life

Anyway must keep ahead of the gavvers must dash

Plenty of Travellers on the beach here at Palomares. Around 75 at the last count up. All getting on well together no fuss.

As for New Age travellers the only experience I had of those was many years ago just outside Norwich at Ringland Hills, just looked like a load of dirty sods taking all sorts of drugs and shagging anything that moved judging by the tree decorations left in the former local beauty spot,

That'll used to be a lovely beauty spot - we lived in Taverham (next village) for years and always remember that as where that poor girl Natalie Pearman was found murdered in 1992. Before then we used to take our boys walking through the woods. After that the woods used to get used a lot by drug addicts etc or you'd find a burned out car there! Occasionally some caravans with loads of rubbish as well

DVLA site does not give you current insurance status - it does however confirm that at the start of taxation period insurance was in place.

Back to OP original point - if concerned about well being of the dog because it sounds or looks distressed then ring someone - if it doesn't then just live with it or leave.

Anyone can check a vehicles status regarding MOT and Insurance without infringing anyone's privacy or data protection.

Here is gov site to do so. Simply input reg of vehicle and it asks if it's correct vehicle and then tells you status.

https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax put reg in and you get this.

https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/VehicleFound?locale=en also tells you last change of V5 /owner so looks like it was bought new or ex demo.
AFAIK

Mot status/tax status yes....

Insurance you need to be able to fulfil certain criteria to check the ASKMID database without infringing data protection regulations

DVLA site does not give you current insurance status - it does however confirm that at the start of taxation period insurance was in place.

Back to OP original point - if concerned about well being of the dog because it sounds or looks distressed then ring someone - if it doesn't then just live with it or leave.
Apologies - I meant Tax and MOT

Just caught this thread: None of us know if the dog in the van issue is accurate or not, if it is then the link below is something to think about. The op would certainly be more uncomfortable reading if the weather was hotter.

I once went to a big site at bank holiday weekend only pitch not full next to a traveller looking caravan and transit pickup complete with tarmacking tools. Now being a live and let live I foolishly thought ok no problem ,the dog was tied up all day and night the"MAN" his wife and little girl did indeed look like travellers and he was drinking all day and night .At 2 in the morning we were awoken by a right noise of him beating his wife and her screaming at the little girl to get out before he hit her .next thing little girl banging on other peoples van doors trying to get in .police arrive in force and he tries to fight them . So yes I do have a reason to say get the hell out of there ,I did next morning sat next to a copper in reception waiting for a refund .nice site but I will not be back

Hi, A second hand story but I heard about a 365 campsite behind a pub where there was a problem. I have stayed on the site before and there are regular workers living on site. Most of them are really nice. The story I heard was that someone new moved in with a big dog. Said person suggested to one of my friends that their respective dogs should have a fight! Aggressive dog. This was reported to the landlord, who said that the said dog had also attacked his labrador. This all came out on Tripadvisor and I flagged the story to the landlord, who didn't respond!

You'd think he would have wanted to put a stop to the bad reviews, wouldn't you. I know of a biker group that will no longer use the campsite for weekend meets and I haven't been back since, not knowing whether said person is still there or not.

No idea what happened, if anything ...

I have had the misfortune to have read this post in it's entirety!!

Surely the response to the original poster is to ask why he has bothered to ask on this forum from goodness knows how many other people what their opinions are

He/she should have the courage to adhere to his own convictions

ie speak the owner directly, politely, mentioning the dogs welfare and any other issues he feels strongly about

If this does not end to his satisfaction then clear off to anywhere else he chooses

parked up in a vine field at the hole in the hedge next to a shallow river ,where we and dozens of french were cavorting on a blistering provencal day. suddenly ,all the french made a mass exit, giving dire warnings about gitanes and voleurs as a large group of caravans pulled in . the gypsies waited till everyone but us had left , then all filed past us , with polite m'sieu's and bonjours and excusez moi's and proceeded to all sit down in the river , fully dressed ,from babies to grannies,all chucking water at each other and squealing with laughter. after a while ,some of the men brought down a number of horses they had with them ,and they had a turn rolling around too.
nice bunch ,but the french obviously wouldn't agree !

That'll used to be a lovely beauty spot - we lived in Taverham (next village) for years and always remember that as where that poor girl Natalie Pearman was found murdered in 1992. Before then we used to take our boys walking through the woods. After that the woods used to get used a lot by drug addicts etc or you'd find a burned out car there! Occasionally some caravans with loads of rubbish as well

I'm still based in Old Costessey , Ringland Hills Seems to be a lot better now the spot where that girl was found was blocked up to vehicle access not long after the event

funny how that works- we were parked up in a clearing off a forestry road in wales when a load of ''new age travellers ''[there must be a better way of describing them ! ] pulled up and asked me if i minded them parking there ! not my woods or road or earth park where you want mate, i've got no jurisdiction here.

about half an hour later one came up and asked if i was ok with them having a spliff . i couldn't stop laughing - who do you think was there in the 60's mate -us old farts , that's who , now pass it over !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back