We have gone to Spain 2020

Generally speaking Jeff, what is the attitude towards dogs on the beaches?
Most of the main beaches have no dogs allowed but all the locals ignore the signs and the police turn a blind eye , probably when the season starts it could be different . The sooner you get down here Rogers you will love it (y)

We are still at Torremolinos , we have been with Donrevy ( Phil and Sue ) for a couple of days , we went for a Chinese buffet , all you can eat 12.50 euro , superb meel and what a bargain . Weather is overcast but still 19 deg , we will probably stay here for the weekend then move a little further south . Take care all
Stayed here behind Benalmadena a couple of years back. 36°35'41.5"N 4°31'58.3"W. Public animal park in front.

I'll have some of what you what you lot have been drinking..

Me too, just had to through a bottle of sparkling Spanish wine away, it didn't taste right, I have drank a few of the same bottles and this one had an after taste I wasn't happy with, good job it was on offer for 2 euros from Lidl. Now back on the whisky. Lol

Me too, just had to through a bottle of sparkling Spanish wine away, it didn't taste right, I have drank a few of the same bottles and this one had an after taste I wasn't happy with, good job it was on offer for 2 euros from Lidl. Now back on the whisky. Lol
2 Euros. ?
Yup it's a bit of a lottery, buying very cheap wine.
If your lucky, you'll get what you've paid for.
We knew a bloke with a big R.V, and towcar. Wildcamped every winter at Pria da Rocha.
He was only drinking French wines.. expensive in Portugal.
I asked him why he hadn't got into the excellent local wines ?
"I tried a litre carton of that Don Simone stuff.. 64 cents.... It was like P155 . I don't like Portuguese. Wine..! ", He said.
Don Simone, is produced in a factory in Spain .. The 1 litre tetrapacks are used as cooking wine..
2.99€ is a fairly good bet in Lidl and Aldi.. you won't go far wrong.

I'll have some of what you what you lot have been drinking..
Portuguese red @5€ for a 5ltr box, good French fizz from lidle 3.50,in fact there should be a bottle in Paul's fridge if you're quick (there's a couple in ours too.)
Hey great news about the sale, do they still want to give me the hymen?

I wouldn't mind I am not a wine lover, but I started buying a Cava from Aldi, think it was around 3 euros, loved it and one bottle would get my tipsy, as I couldn't find an Aldi I gave the cava at Lidl a try and really enjoyed the bottle I choose that was on offer, I have had several bottles of the same stuff now, but this bottle just doesn't taste right. I have another of the same bottle in the fridge for tomorrow, so will give it a try, if that tastes the same, then it's back to whisky.

Last edited:
Yesterday we arrived at Mijas , surprisingly it was fairly quiet and we got a parking spot without a problem , there is a Aldi and Lidl within 50mtr so we stocked up on supplies and wine , also went to the launderette and got some washing done , there is cassette and fresh water points here , all free , the market is on Wednesday so will probably stay until Thursday

Hi everybody you have probably seen it all before, but it's our first outing to Spain.
while walking in La Cala Hondua yesterday exploring after the beach walk with Roxy, we walked through a garage forecourt BP garage to see something I have never seen before at the side of the car wash was a dog wash like in the pet beauty parlour shampooing facilities and hair dryer, fancy graffics, plastic clear double doors. Roxy took one look at it and said NO NO NO

They must have been round chucking everyone off Cala de Mijas again. Never seen it so quiet. Have you registered with the town hall as instructed?
No Meg , speaking to most of the people who are here nobody has registered , we are only staying tomorrow then moving on

Hi everybody you have probably seen it all before, but it's our first outing to Spain.
while walking in La Cala Hondua yesterday exploring after the beach walk with Roxy, we walked through a garage forecourt BP garage to see something I have never seen before at the side of the car wash was a dog wash like in the pet beauty parlour shampooing facilities and hair dryer, fancy graffics, plastic clear double doors. Roxy took one look at it and said NO NO NO
Quite common out there in our experience!!!😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back