We have gone to Spain 2020

We were stopping on Torre De Mar campsite on the pitch next to my pal, who is there for 3 months, they could only give us two nights as the campsite was fully booked up for the Spanish holidays, we moved down to this Aire at the side of the marina. My mate has kicked off as no one has arrived at the pitch we were on, so the camp site has potentially lost €40 they would have got from us. I'm not bothered as we have more space here at €9.55 a night and it is tarmac and not what can be described as dirty dust.

Booking in by using the machine is a bit of a challenge though as it won't release a pitch until the full 24 hours is up, so although there are empty bays, it keeps them reserved for the full 24 hours, even though the motorhomes have left and not returning, it would be a better system if it charged you on the way out and you pressed a confirm button that you were not returning, so it could release the bay.

The amount of motorhomes I have seen drive off as the machine says it is full. Booked in at Málaga beach site tomorrow for 3 nights at a cost of €39. It's nice to be able to get the table and chairs and awning at at times without worrying about the police bothering us. Might do a few days then at Mijas and Fuengirola, keep the tips coming jeffmossy, it's fully appreciated.

Screenshot_20200229-152434.png

IMG_20200302_133937.jpgIMG_20200302_121720.jpgIMG_20200302_114814.jpg

Today we have moved to Benalmadena to a location at the top of Paloma park , It is parking just off the road in front of the college at the top of the hill , and you can stay as long as you want for free , I will give you the coordinates if anyone wants them

We have the Santander ferry booked for the 17th March. I’m following all the Spanish posts with interest. Thank you to everyone for information.
Snap! We to are are heading south on 17th March and have been reading these threads with interest. We are very new to Motorhoming but not to European travel . Usually we are on two wheels!! Just looking for ideas to get the first few nights under our belts. No firm ideas just heading south !

Snap! We to are are heading south on 17th March and have been reading these threads with interest. We are very new to Motorhoming but not to European travel . Usually we are on two wheels!! Just looking for ideas to get the first few nights under our belts. No firm ideas just heading south !
We are sailing on the 17th as well. Dover-Calais 07.40 👍 Safe trip!

Our first night is planned for the Santander Aire (not the free one). We stayed on it last year after leaving the ferry. It was nice and quiet (and accidentally free as no one came to collect any money).

Hi everybody you have probably seen it all before, but it's our first outing to Spain.
while walking in La Cala Hondua yesterday exploring after the beach walk with Roxy, we walked through a garage forecourt BP garage to see something I have never seen before at the side of the car wash was a dog wash like in the pet beauty parlour shampooing facilities and hair dryer, fancy graffics, plastic clear double doors. Roxy took one look at it and said NO NO NO
Never mind Roxy...
Strip Jeff off...... and give him the full wash and brush up.😜

We past by Benalmadena on our way to Tarifa today, I mentioned to Derek my brother lived/ran a bar in Arroyo de la Miel just up the road.
Jeff, if you'd posted this a day earlier, we would have joined up with you. Then you would have the pleasure of our company, and been a pound better off😙

Jeff, if you'd posted this a day earlier, we would have joined up with you. Then you would have the pleasure of our company, and been a pound better off😙
I was not sure we would be staying here Derek as we was told about the parking but not sure what to expect , never mind we could cross in the next few weeks 😁

Woke up by the cockerels this morning after a peaceful night ,there was a English van came late last night and parked across 3 parking bays so I can't see this stopover lasting long , shame as it is great for a walk in the park and the market . Will probably stay another night as Phil and Sue ( Donrevy ) are on their way to join us

Jeff,
Val , Reg and I are going to try to be at Alcoutim by the 25th, in time for the River Festival on the 27th .
I think it was Rugbyken who recommended it last year. If I’ve got the name wrong, apologies. My memory isn’t what it was, whatever that was.
‘Tis a great weekend, but best to get there early.

Jeff,
Val , Reg and I are going to try to be at Alcoutim by the 25th, in time for the River Festival on the 27th .
I think it was Rugbyken who recommended it last year. If I’ve got the name wrong, apologies. My memory isn’t what it was, whatever that was.
‘Tis a great weekend, but best to get there early.
We may be down there by 27th Del, where do you park?

We may be down there by 27th Del, where do you park?
Through the village, over the the smaller river bridge, top of the hill, 2nd right, next to a house on the right.# 151 in the Aires book. Rog,it might be a bit tight with the trailer. Don't go into the first carpark. The one that takes you down onto a lower level. As I said, top of the hill, virtually leaving the village.

Through the village, over the the smaller river bridge, top of the hill, 2nd right, next to a house on the right.# 151 in the Aires book. Rog,it might be a bit tight with the trailer. Don't go into the first carpark. The one that takes you down onto a lower level. As I said, top of the hill, virtually leaving the village.
Not bringing the trailer this trip Del. We will have to see how it all pans out. It would be nice if we could get there.

Last edited:
Not bringing the trailer this trip Del. We will have to see how it all pans out. It would be nice if we could get there.
That’s one problem out of the way 😬
A gentle warning. The road to the Aire from the village is quite steep, for maybe 300 metres. I’m not trying to put you off, honest. More, making you aware. You did say that Lady R had problems walking. Going down to the village shouldn’t be a problem, ‘spose you could leave her there and pick her up just before you leave. 😇
No! Forget that. I bruise easily.

IMG-20200304-WA0001.jpg

Roxy loves going in Palama Park in Benalmadena and is always in a trance when we feed the birds (chickens being one off them) she is fed on chicken she is mesmerised looking at them thinking its paradise being able to pick your own

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back