We have gone to Spain 2020

It looks like Spain has started locking down certain towns in the Barcelona region. A friend of mine who was staying on a site in Torre De Mar has decided to head home early, Brittany ferries have charged him €25 to change his sailing to next week instead of the beginning of April, he is flapping think he will not get home in time for his operation if he stays. Don't think he will get reimbursed for the car hire and the site fees he won't have used.

Screenshot_20200313-080917.png

Last edited:
I booked yesterday to go and see the caves at Nurja, only for us to get there this morning to be greeted by a staff member at the gate and given a notice, they have closed them due to the Coronavirus and will refund my moneys.

Also just speaking to an expat who lives here, he said his children's school and all the other schools in this area are closing down for two weeks.

He also said he has been to Mercadona to be greeted by huge queues, he said the shelves were empty, we are still parked at Lidl and I noticed there are queues now in here, still plenty of bog roll though, me wonders if folk are going to start panic buying.

Was going to go to Almeria from here but I'm now wondering if the attractions we want to visit there are going to close.

Well f6olks I have managed to get Roxy in them dog washes in the garage enough is enough she looked like a road brush with swimming, sand & all the dust we did not secure her she would have gone ballistic there was four programmes we used the first three I held her down she nearly neck herself but never got aggressive with us 1st prog hottish deep shampoo & rinse, 2 prog flea treatment & 3 prog total drench there is no way we could use prog 4 it was an airdryer she would of bèn petrified IMG-20200312-WA0001.jpg

We have just been to lidl in Albir, people are going round with two trolleys and and filling them sky high, no loo rolls left lots of empty shelves, we looked like the odd ones out with just a basket with just a few items.
We don’t mind if we have to stay here until things have blown over as long as we can still get supplies

Since so many things are closing down I'll just stay put at the CCC rally at Albufeira. Only came for a few days to meet up with friends, but as its only costing me £8.20 a day I've already booked till 29/3. Looks like my travels through Spain and France will be on hold.
Stay put and enjoy meg ,think you should defo stay
hope all you guys abroad stay clear and safe

Just been to the supermarket and it was heaving , most of the meat and all of the toilet roll had gone , good job we got a full pack last week otherwise we would have to use Kleenex 💩😠😪

Still current at:13 March 2020Updated:13 March 2020Latest update:
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) against all but essential travel to the regions that the Spanish Ministry of Health have designated as areas of community transmission of coronavirus, as follows: Madrid and La Rioja, and the municipalities of La Bastida and Vitoria (both in the Basque Country) and Miranda de Ebro (in Castilla y León) ('Health' and 'Summary' pages)

This is getting ridiculous now we was planning to stop on an Aire for a week in a couple of days time at Los Alcaceres. Looks like Murcia is no go now.

Screenshot_20200313-153225.png

How will I get the wife to come out in two weeks with all this cV19 news. Is N Spain much worse than south, helped by the warmth?!!!!!!

We were in DIA Supermarket at Salobrena today, all shelves full No problems at all panic breeds panic, stop it all of you Spain where we are is just carrying on as usual, we had a meal in a Restraunt in Torrex last night, place full of locals with not a care in the world seems it is just the Brits running scared here. I am now on a squat at Motril, full, 50 vans here all
Nationalities all sat in the sun having a drink or a sleep, bothered? not as far as I can see.

Could somebody please answer a question that I just can't get my head round worldwide all the shops, supermarkets & cash & Carrys etc are out of toilet rolls when Jeff & I took Roxy a walk on the beach we saw a toilet opened & it had 3 toilets rolls on top of the tank they won't be there long lol

Well it seems Bruce has an aversion To Spain, fine that is his choice we love it so hey ho one less van to cluster up the squats.

IMG_20200308_131813.jpgIMG_20200308_110407.jpgIMG_20200308_110533.jpg

We have just been to snack attack bar for our lunch after dog walking while walking back to a awful noise of car horns one after another looking across the road they were all in a rage @ the petrol pumps while walking for our lunch we called in a China shop & managed to purchase 2 cases of toilet rolls it was the talking Point on nearly everybody we saw we are in La Cala de Mijas we are going to sell them on the black market

We are on a squat at Roquetas del Mar just arrive from squat at Motril, all good called in at Lidl Roquetes, all shelves groaning with goodies plenty of rice pasta and toilet rolls to be had too, lot of vans here folks sitting out in the sun enjoying life, gentle warm breeze and blue skies and sea, lovin it. IMG_20200314_141119.jpgIMG_20200314_141133.jpgIMG_20200314_141216.jpgIMG_20200314_141237.jpgIMG_20200314_141154.jpgIMG_20200314_141204.jpg

We have just been to snack attack bar for our lunch after dog walking while walking back to a awful noise of car horns one after another looking across the road they were all in a rage @ the petrol pumps while walking for our lunch we called in a China shop & managed to purchase 2 cases of toilet rolls it was the talking Point on nearly everybody we saw we are in La Cala de Mijas we are going to sell them on the black market

Hmm. I think that's called profiteering.
Are you really that desperate for cash? :unsure: 🙂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back