We have gone to Spain 2020

really can’t imagine why we come to spain already 19deg forecast 28 later , on tolerated parking at punta umbria large bins every 100 mts no visible litter , i could quote a few dodgy places in france and uk thinks it’s seek & ye shall find whether that’s fun or problems, image.jpg

really can’t imagine why we come to spain already 19deg forecast 28 later , on tolerated parking at punta umbria large bins every 100 mts no visible litter , i could quote a few dodgy places in france and uk thinks it’s seek & ye shall find whether that’s fun or problems, View attachment 53442
Nice one Ken👍

Just put these signs up today were you are parked Jeffmossy. I've just pulled on, but it now says forbidden, shame really as there looks to be a few nice Chinese and Indian restaurant to try.

IMG_20200310_131943.jpg

Last edited:
Finally found a place with less discarded litter, sierra Nevada national park. Scenery is fabulous and it’s very pleasant but I still get the feeling that the phrase. “ Spain will be nice when its finished and they’ve tidied up” is perfect. I hear all the praise for Spain and yes the weather is great, the scenery here is fantastic but still piles of rubbish on every bit of open ground you pass.

its surprising how many total strangers who are members of MH/WC you can meet up with down here!!
So far we have met old friends BiggarMac, Stitch and PaulJenny but parked up next to us the past couple of days was PughGlobal (young Welsh man trying to convert a van), Dave01746 we met at Pomeraro and today a couple (didn’t get their name) who had followed Ken on HYMER group but also belongs to MH!

its surprising how many total strangers who are members of MH/WC you can meet up with down here!!
So far we have met old friends BiggarMac, Stitch and PaulJenny but parked up next to us the past couple of days was PughGlobal (young Welsh man trying to convert a van), Dave01746 we met at Pomeraro and today a couple (didn’t get their name) who had followed Ken on HYMER group but also belongs to MH!
Ahh, but you haven't met the oppys, we keep ducking, but the hobbits found us (sorry Paul,!!)

We have also met up with David and Elaine ( Mobilvetta ) , just having a nice steak and wine

Well we are absolutely stuffed after ordering the mix grills, great company, good wine and great food, can also recommend the Indian Jeff and Lorraine took us to the night before too. Was only €15 per person including two bottles of wine.

IMG_20200311_201028.jpgIMG_20200311_201438.jpg.

Last edited:
You shower o hungry gitttttts
ill hae the doggy bag plz!

Sorry Gordon you would be disappointed with the doggy bag, I licked my plate clean, even had to help the wife polish of her mixed grill. The notice board said special mix grill offer, €30 per couple including a bottle of wine, but when the bill.came it said €121.00 for the 4 of us, they only tried to charge us €30 per person. But we pointed out to them the error of there ways and then they came back with a bill for €70, so it was sent back again, I think they were hoping we were pissed and wouldn't notice it. Eventually they managed to send us the correct bill.

Just to add to the list today we have been joined by Trotter and Reg &Val!
Thanks for the invite to your barbecue Ken and Jan, Lee and Linda and Joy and your combined effort working like a well oiled machine, with dressed tables, all the trimmings and Ken doing a well rehearsed job at the barbecue, thanks for your great hospitality, much appreciated, Reg & Val

Last edited:
Thanks for the invite to your barbecue Ken and Jan, Lee and Linda and Joy and your combined effort working like a well oiled machine, with dressed tables, all the trimmings and Ken doing a well rehearsed job at the barbecue, thanks for your great hospitality, much appreciated, Reg & Val
Ditto init. Are you liking the weather we’ve brought with us?

Ditto init. Are you liking the weather we’ve brought with us?
Weather still fine here Derek , we was sat on the beach until 17.00pm then off to a local bar for beer then food , this morning still glorious sunshine , we should really move on but such a great location and company , we will see about plans over breakfast

Ahh, but you haven't met the oppys, we keep ducking, but the hobbits found us (sorry Paul,!!)
Oi..!
What's all this talk of Hobbits..?
I've had my annual haircut and beard trim ..
Apart from having the same effect as it did on Sampson , sapping my strength, there's an upside.....
People are stopping and asking for selfies with me, thinking I'm George Clooney.
Anyroadup..
I'm jealous of you lot , living like millionaires, in Spain..
15 € for a meal for one person.. ! !!
We can live for a day on that, in the Portuguese sticks.

We have just arrived in Nerja, reading the latest reviews the police are throwing them off the ground by the Mercadona now. So we have pulled into Lidl in Nerja who have kindly put seven motorhome pitches for overnighting, handy for shopping, the toilet while the store is open and you have a sea view as a bonus.

There is a foreign registered vehicle a Concorde motorhome with a car trailer attached parked outside the motorhome bays taking several car spaces. I do hope they have asked the management if it's ok, hate to see another facility lost to abuse.

IMG_20200312_123212.jpgIMG_20200312_123248.jpgIMG_20200312_123300.jpg

We have arrived in Mijas , filled up with water emptied the cassettes , got a spot behind the barrier , will get a shower then go to the launderette, we will probably just stay for the one night then our plans was to head to Gibraltar , but looking at the weather forecast it could be a bad move , so maybe head back towards the way we came down , so will have a debate over a beer later 🐝

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back