Weather Report..................

Full Member;n9054 said:
You'll be pleased to know that it's currently mainly overcast, dry and about 18°C here on Lanzarote.
It's going to be one hell of a shock getting off the plane in Gatwick at 0130 tomorrow morning!
The real world awaits me.

Colin ???
Hope you have survived the shock, Colin.

5 degrees overnight, here max of 14 expected..
Crisp and sunny. Just the kind of day to wrap upand go for a brisk walk. In the hills.

And we hope they enjoy it.. We'll be sitting snug, with a hot toddy or three..

Full Member;n9020 said:
Thanks, Ginebrosa. That's a cold 'high'!
Where are you skiing?

Colin ???

At home in Andorra .
did a quick outing this morning but the wind won !
left my face somewhere in Arcalìs ...

Pauljenny;n9064 said:
Hope you have survived the shock, Colin.

5 degrees overnight, here max of 14 expected..
Crisp and sunny. Just the kind of day to wrap upand go for a brisk walk. In the hills.

And we hope they enjoy it.. We'll be sitting snug, with a hot toddy or three..

One last day here on Lanzarote, Paul. UK Monday 0130. Overcast here, about 17°C.

Surely you should be out with them? Before you know it it'll be summer again and you'll have missed all the fun.

Colin ???

Edina;n9056 said:
Turned really mild and a Robin is singing his heart out - probably thinks it's spring

That's one huge coincidence, Chris! Just last evening I started a book bought for me by one of my daughters for my birthday. It's about a year in the life of the robin together with lots of other interesting background about my favourite bird.
My Dad always said that if he finds a way to return to this earth it will be as a robin. He was always working with them in the garden and on his allotment. If he paused for breath when digging they often perched on the handle of his spade and sang to him. And so it is with me.
Dad's name was Stanley. In our family the redbreasts (earlier name before the Victorians used human christian name association for bird names I learned last evening) are known only as Stanleys.

Thanks for the update. In warm winters robins have been known to start courtship in December!

Colin ???

2cv;n9077 said:
Seeing the metar above reminded me that there are several sites giving aviation related actual and forecast weather reports. Try http://en.allmetsat.com/metar-taf/un....php?icao=EGPF for example. I've entered GLA, Glasgow but there are hundreds available there.
As you can see on my link, a nice day here for the time of year.

Thanks for the link, 2cv. Your closing sentence made me grin.

Colin ???

*****;n9078 said:
No Colin, we had the heating on from about 1430 hrs yesterday and the house got too hot and at dinner it was uncomfortable.
Still warm in here and still no heating. Bl**dty raining and not nice.
I do expect to put the heating on by early afternoon for a few hours!

Well, you certainly know how to keep a lady happy, Graham!
Colin ???

Ginebrosa;n9102 said:
At home in Andorra .
did a quick outing this morning but the wind won !
left my face somewhere in Arcalìs ...

Thanks for the severe grin, Ginebrosa.
And of course for the update. Those whimps back in the UK don't know how lucky they are.

Colin ???

Tes;n9119 said:
warmer today than of late.

I'm pleased about that, Tes. My return will be easier to manage than I feared.

Colin ???

Full Member;n9125 said:
That's one huge coincidence, Chris! Just last evening I started a book bought for me by one of my daughters for my birthday. It's about a year in the life of the robin together with lots of other interesting background about my favourite bird.
My Dad always said that if he finds a way to return to this earth it will be as a robin. He was always working with them in the garden and on his allotment. If he paused for breath when digging they often perched on the handle of his spade and sang to him. And so it is with me.
Dad's name was Stanley. In our family the redbreasts (earlier name before the Victorians used human christian name association for bird names I learned last evening) are known only as Stanleys.

Thanks for the update. In warm winters robins have been known to start courtship in December!

Colin ???

There is a deep cutting called Woodseaves on the Shroppy canal and to go through there very early in the morning with a robin singing was magic.

It was getting shallower every year with landslips, but a trip we've done many times. We drew 2'6" so usually made an early start to try and avoid oncoming traffic - usually met someone with the same idea coming the other way!

Edina;n9142 said:
There is a deep cutting called Woodseaves on the Shroppy canal and to go through there very early in the morning with a robin singing was magic.

Those moments are so special.

Colin ???

*****;n9153 said:
Here it is and I was on the helm a few times

home.htm

No, before our time on the cut, we were still sailing then. There is still a horse drawn trip boat at Tiverton and seems to get a good few passengers in the summer.

So much for joining the walkers....
We sat inside until the sun came fully up, heating on, coffee and brandy, to hand.
By noon, it was warmer outside, than indoors, so we turned off the heating and opened all the south facing doors,windows and Veluxes.

Healthy salad lunch, on the terrace.
We're back indoors again, the Sun is too low and it looks like another cold, clear, moonlit night.

Good news... I can get the Ashes live on the web radio.

Bad news....
I can get the Ashes live on the web radio.

Pauljenny;n9206 said:
So much for joining the walkers....
We sat inside until the sun came fully up, heating on, coffee and brandy, to hand.
By noon, it was warmer outside, than indoors, so we turned off the heating and opened all the south facing doors,windows and Veluxes.

Healthy salad lunch, on the terrace.
We're back indoors again, the Sun is too low and it looks like another cold, clear, moonlit night.

Good news... I can get the Ashes live on the web radio.

Bad news....
I can get the Ashes live on the web radio.

Thanks, Paul. I'm not quite sure why the Good News and Bad News reports made me grin. But grin I did.

Colin ???

:Grinmacing_Face_Emo:Very_Angry_Emoji:
Full Member;n9214 said:
Thanks, Paul. I'm not quite sure why the Good News and Bad News reports made me grin. But grin I did.

Colin ???

Look at how The Aussies are marmalising our poor boys.
I have to be awake at 4 am to endure that.

Some forecasters say that there may be disruptive snow in South East England later in the week. I just saw some valuable advice

image.jpeg

*****;n9223 said:
Bl*8dy hell Paul, I think it might be warmer here:Surprised_Face_Emoj We have a large south facing patio window and another south facing window in the dinning room which is part of the longe dinne
When the sun shines it really warms the room up and heating is not required. We put it on today for the first time at about 1500 hrs.
However I do expect when the sun shines it will be warmer outside with you than here.
Our house gets cold when there is no sun, particularly when it rains±:Loudly_Crying_Face_

We're at the mercy of the winds, Graham,
currently blowing from the NE, over the Spanish Sierras.
The south facing walls get the Sun and are sheltered, becoming storage heaters.

When the Sun is so low in the sky, the north facing walls become storage refrigerators .
After a chilly dawn, 4 degrees, It's 20 degrees on the south facing terraces

The locals say, " Only two things come from Spain... Bad winds and worse marriages " ..

:Tongue_Out_Emoji_wi
2cv;n9417 said:
Some forecasters say that there may be disruptive snow in South East England later in the week. I just saw some valuable advice.

" Disruptive snow in the South ..."

That means the windscreen will be frosted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back