Weather Report..................

It's been a bright, sunny day in Albufeira with lots of brilliant blue sky.
So loads of mobilehousework in preparation for a gentle potter towards the Beautiful Isle, arriving sometime in January.

Colin ???

It's been a bright, sunny day in Albufeira with lots of brilliant blue sky.
So loads of mobilehousework in preparation for a gentle potter towards the Beautiful Isle, arriving sometime in January.

Colin ???
Beautiful Isle ? You're taking the ferry from Portimao to the Canaries , then?
Wise move !

Grey, clouds all day forecast. 10 degrees, no wind.
3½ mm rain due t arrive between 7pm and Midnight.
Not bad news, it's a civilised time, I won't have to get out of bed to connect up... Hopefully.

It was a tad grey this morning in Albufeira so I said my 'goodbyes' and headed inland. It's beautiful. Lots of cork oak, citrus groves laiden with fruit, excellent winding roads up and down through the hills - and virtually no people!
The sun is now breaking through and the green countryside looks wonderful. I'm currently having brunch at 582m above sea level between the villages of Vale de Rosa-Salir and Cavalos:

WP_20181218_12_19_34_Pro.jpg

Colin ???

It was a tad grey this morning in Albufeira so I said my 'goodbyes' and headed inland. It's beautiful. Lots of cork oak, citrus groves laiden with fruit, excellent winding roads up and down through the hills - and virtually no people!
The sun is now breaking through and the green countryside looks wonderful. I'm currently having brunch at 582m above sea level between the villages of Vale de Rosa-Salir and Cavalos:

View attachment 40758

Colin ???

Lucky you .. Are you taking the N2 ? Interesting route with plenty of stopovers.

Lucky you .. Are you taking the N2 ? Interesting route with plenty of stopovers.

My map thinks I'm on the IP2, Paul. I guess that's the N2 by another moniker.
There were some great stop-overs earlier in the hills but I felt it was a bit early in the day so pressed on. I'm now stopped between Beja and Evora. It's a huge plain hereabouts so not quite so interesting.
Hey-ho.
(Or is that 'Ho, Ho' at this time of the year?).

The sky is darkening due to a sinking sun and building rain clouds, though it's really quite mild - about 13°C.

Colin ???

My map thinks I'm on the IP2, Paul. I guess that's the N2 by another moniker.
There were some great stop-overs earlier in the hills but I felt it was a bit early in the day so pressed on. I'm now stopped between Beja and Evora. It's a huge plain hereabouts so not quite so interesting.
Hey-ho.
(Or is that 'Ho, Ho' at this time of the year?)
The sky is darkening due to a sinking
and building rain clouds, though it's really quite mild - about 13°C.

Colin ???
The old N2 goes due north from Faro, bypassing old and interesting towns. It joins the IP2 south of Beja, which then takes you NE. The N2, is a like our old A1. Goes North, crosses The Douro bringing you out at Braganza or Chaves, not as fast a road but you see some dramatic and historic places. . But if you're pushed for time, Think about it for next time .
Safe travels.

Well it’s been grey and wet here all day just been out and it’s very still and damp but...no rain ☔

As mentioned previously, it rained overnight.
The air was still and once the rain had done it's thing the sky cleared and the temperature dropped considerably. Perfect conditions for mist and fog.
So this morning I followed the bonnet northwards through evergreen olive groves and temporarily brown vineyards. The atmospheric conditions produced a charm of their own:

WP_20181219_08_43_36_Pro (2).jpg

Colin ???

Back