Weather Report..................

Gravel, Chris? Gravel?

That's a cunningly disguised rill, to take the water off from the terraces ,when it rains. Otherwise it would wash all the flowerbed soil away.
Another couple of months, there should be a crop of Nasturtiums hiding it.
Gravel.. Grumble grumble.
Sunshine is up, socks are off.

Correction .
At first, there was no photo, just a blank space under the caption.. A glimpse.... ...
Now the photo has arrived.
Must be the pre-Xmas rush.

I edit lots of posts with pictures where the option of thumbnail or full picture has not been selected after uploading a photo. Yours was one of them, just makes the forum look a bit better I think.

Those gnomes are Ironic ones.. brought out by relatives, to remind us that we are still British.
Bright clear skies, but cooling down.. Inside now, Dimplex and sweater on .. Socks soon to follow.

I've been up in the Sierras and mostly out of range of the mobile network since yesterday morning so an update.
Yesterday started with mist down in the valleys and when I went down to join it, it embraced me with enthusiasm. I journeyed on to the remarkably well preserved fortified town of Elvas without seeing much at all other than the Moho bonnet. Elvas has now been added to the World Heritage list together with it's enormous aquaduct:

WP_20181220_10_00_23_Pro.jpg

The fortifications were up above me somewhere! It's well worth doing some interwebby research to find more about Elvas. I thoroughly enjoyed exploring it's streets and architecture.
Last night I wild camped by Embalse de Garcia de Sola, a reservoir in the Sierra de Chimenea. I was totally alone, no mobile signal and lots of nature. Breathtaking.
This morning was once again misty up in the Sierras:

WP_20181221_08_42_50_Pro.jpg

Lower down the mist turned to fog and stayed with me until well into the afternoon as I drove across the huge plain that lies between Madrid and Cordoba. I covered some 300 km at an altitude of about 800 metres. By about 14:00 the sun began to warm the air a little. It had been really cold earlier in the fog and the cab heater hadn't had much of an impact so this was a much appreciated improvement.
I'm now wild camped at Utiel, to the west of Valencia, where the sun has done it's magic on the urban landscape:

WP_20181221_17_55_56_Pro (2).jpg

Colin ???

I've been up in the Sierras and mostly out of range of the mobile network since yesterday morning so an update.
Yesterday started with mist down in the valleys and when I went down to join it, it embraced me with enthusiasm. I journeyed on to the remarkably well preserved fortified town of Elvas without seeing much at all other than the Moho bonnet. Elvas has now been added to the World Heritage list together with it's enormous aquaduct:

View attachment 40854

The fortifications were up above me somewhere! It's well worth doing some interwebby research to find more about Elvas. I thoroughly enjoyed exploring it's streets and architecture.
Last night I wild camped by Embalse de Garcia de Sola, a reservoir in the Sierra de Chimenea. I was totally alone, no mobile signal and lots of nature. Breathtaking.
This morning was once again misty up in the Sierras:

View attachment 40855

Lower down the mist turned to fog and stayed with me until well into the afternoon as I drove across the huge plain that lies between Madrid and Cordoba. I covered some 300 km at an altitude of about 800 metres. By about 14:00 the sun began to warm the air a little. It had been really cold earlier in the fog and the cab heater hadn't had much of an impact so this was a much appreciated improvement.
I'm now wild camped at Utiel, to the west of Valencia, where the sun has done it's magic on the urban landscape:

View attachment 40856

Colin ???
Another beautiful photo, be careful you could become Motorhomer's resident, that doesn't sound right but you know what I mean, photographer,

Another beautiful photo, be careful you could become Motorhomer's resident, that doesn't sound right but you know what I mean, photographer,

Thanks, Lee, but I rather think others are better qualified than me for that particular title! I simply pointed at the beauty and clicked.
I'm really enjoying my trip around the Iberian peninsular. As you know, it's a breathtakingly beautiful and mountainous place and much of it is missed by those who rush to the Costas and back.
Having said that, that's where I'm headed for the final phase of my trip.
Sun - here I come!

Colin :):):)

Thanks, Lee, but I rather think others are better qualified than me for that particular title! I simply pointed at the beauty and clicked.
I'm really enjoying my trip around the Iberian peninsular. As you know, it's a breathtakingly beautiful and mountainous place and much of it is missed by those who rush to the Costas and back.
Having said that, that's where I'm headed for the final phase of my trip.
Sun - here I come!

Colin :):):)

You don't want to let the moths get to those red beauties in the cupboard,
Enjoy the sun and keep pointing and clicking.
Merry Christmas

Tonight started off been unusually mild then earlier when I went out it was raining ☔️ and hopefully it’ll stop by the morning as I will be off shopping! At Durham

Pleasant day. 17 max, cooling later.
No rain forecast.
Time to consider water rationing.
I'm giving up drinking it.
That should save a couple of liters a day.
Just opened a 5 litre red-in-box. Must be a good one
It cost 5.99€

15 degrees, just enough breeze to blow up piri piri chicken BBQ fumes from th gipsy market, 300 metres down the lane. I suppose well be forced to go , they'll all be there, red wine flowing. I'm told that we're going to the church tonight, for the big town brass band concert.. Better behave myself.
Cloudy, but no need for the brolly.
Just finished bottling whole pears, poached in red wine with prunes and cinnamon..soused in Lidl cooking Port.
That's Boxing day pudding sorted.

Back