Weather Report..................

It's currently chilly in Cornwall - and will likely stay that way for a while.
As is the norm for us Staunch Southerners I don't have the heating on but may add a light jumper to my T-shirt later this evening should the temperature stay below 5°C.

The sky has patches of blue and, to the delight of the leisure batteries, the solar panel is already busy converting photons to electrons.

Colin ???

Morning all,
Yup!
The drizzle started at 11.45.
I gave it 30 minutes, to wash the roof off, connected everything up and staggered, damply, off to bed.
Let's just say our beauty sleep was undisturbed by overloud pittering or pattering.
11 grey degrees, this morning.
About 2 litres lurked at the bottom of the grit sump... Not enough to overflow into the cisterns.
The forecast, ( Don't snigger! ), is for ¼ inch of rain between now and teatime.
Ever the optimist, me.

very overcast grey,,,,supposed to be something minus degrees.......however, it feels quite pleasant and fresh,,,,,,mind thats only my opinion judged on a few step to the bin.......lol.........n.east area

The rain finally arrived about 5pm.. A couple of hours of gentle stuff.
Looks like that's it for the foreseeable future.
Cisterns have a couple more weeks in.
So we're still on water saving.
No luxury" Hotel", showers tomorrow.
Pic was taken at 4.45pm.

WP_20190119_17_24_50_Pro.jpg

We're not sad, thanks Bill.
If we get the same amount, every week, lovely gentle rain, doesn't do any damage, we, and the neighbours would be well content..
Too heavy rain, damages the lane and runs away fast, without filling the aquifers. They need those filled, to last through The Summer.
So we're happy.

The rain called it a day, the same time as I did. Sunny but cool in the strong Northerly winds that are trying to blow the laundry off the line.
Smell of oranges through the hovel..
The Child Bride is making marmalade. Hopefully, the wind will keep the bees away.. They swarmed in through the kitchen skylight, last year.. Quite interesting.
I've for a rolled up newspaper ready, just in case.

left a suuny but cold morning today in n.east...........journey down to n. yorks....with bright sunshine.......been like that all day.......im not complaining.....just the job....

If anyone is interested... or if you're having difficulty sleeping!

There is going to be a total lunar eclipse early tomorrow morning if you're up early enough and have clear skies.

"Super Blood Wolf Moon"

Lunar eclipse guide 2019 | When and where to see in the UK | Explore Royal Museums Greenwich

"On 21 January 2019 a total lunar eclipse will be visible over most of North America, South America and parts of west and north Europe. The rest of Europe and Africa can witness the end of the eclipse.

Those in the UK will be able to see every part of the eclipse as long as they are willing to stay up all night! The Moon will start to enter the Earth’s shadow just after 2:30am GMT and the maximum eclipse will occur just before 5:15am. The entire eclipse lasts for more than five hours, ending at 7:48am.

The optimal viewing time to see the eclipse is between 4:41am – 5:43am. This is the period of totality, where the moon lies entirely in the Earth’s umbra (full shadow) and will appear red."

There's also Facebook pages which will be streaming live video if you don't want to get out of bed and look for yourself.

Here's the FB page set up by the rmg site above which will be streaming the moon video:

Days To - Lunar Eclipse Live Countdown | Facebook

If anyone is interested... or if you're having difficulty sleeping!

There is going to be a total lunar eclipse early tomorrow morning if you're up early enough and have clear skies.

"Super Blood Wolf Moon"

Lunar eclipse guide 2019 | When and where to see in the UK | Explore Royal Museums Greenwich

"On 21 January 2019 a total lunar eclipse will be visible over most of North America, South America and parts of west and north Europe. The rest of Europe and Africa can witness the end of the eclipse.

Those in the UK will be able to see every part of the eclipse as long as they are willing to stay up all night! The Moon will start to enter the Earth’s shadow just after 2:30am GMT and the maximum eclipse will occur just before 5:15am. The entire eclipse lasts for more than five hours, ending at 7:48am.

The optimal viewing time to see the eclipse is between 4:41am – 5:43am. This is the period of totality, where the moon lies entirely in the Earth’s umbra (full shadow) and will appear red."

There's also Facebook pages which will be streaming live video if you don't want to get out of bed and look for yourself.

Here's the FB page set up by the rmg site above which will be streaming the moon video:

Days To - Lunar Eclipse Live Countdown | Facebook

Thanks, setting the alarm, but not much hope of being cloud free here.

Back