Weather Report..................

been a beautiful day here in n.yorks,,,,sunny......all windows thrown open...just like s spring day...that was until about 2.30 then sky clouded over became very cold and looked as tho we may get snow.......
at the moment thin layer of snow which has frozen over.......so pleased we went shopping whilst we had the good weather.....dont care to be on icy roads.... all take care

edit...thick layer of snow thould read THIN layer of snow

Very cold here and such a severe hoar frost overnight you would think it had snowed.

The Laird is near the Black Isle and reported temperatures of -7 earlier. Brrrr!

Wil venture out later this morning to a) visit a friend who had landed themselves in hospital and b) stock up on bird food - peanut butter, lard, cheap porridge oats, cheap raisons. Still got plenty of sunflower seeds & meal worms (Home Bargains, cheapest for miles). Poor little tings are wolfing the grub down just now. Neil moans that we can't afford to feed them, but that comment goes in one of my ears and straight out the other ;) Don't buy peanuts, they're now an extortionate price.

Peanuts ? Expensive? Somebody is stockpiling them.. ! Shame.. They used to cost.... Peanuts.
Better sort of day here, breezy, light cloud.
Managed breakfast outdoors..probably the only ones for miles around.
Coffee on the Mezzanine. It's 15½ degrees. Winter is anything below 16 degrees... So I'm allowed a brandy.
Getting loads of spare brownie points because we've builders coming tomorrow, so I've been moving furniture around.
Management is at her happiest when she's directing me heaving beds and wardrobes around. We're sleeping in the van for the foreseeable future.

The forecasters are clearly confused, Marie:

wp_ss_20190123_0003.png

Colin ???

Back