Weather Report..................

There were lots of ice crystals high above Gran Canaria last night. The sunlight reflected off the moon then passed through the ice crystals and created a wonderful halo:

WP_20190217_00_56_35_Pro.jpg

You'll be delighted to know that I return to the Beautiful Island later today.
Delighted, no doubt, not by my return but by my upcoming distinct lack of smugness.

Colin ???

It was toying with me.
2 minutes, light drizzle, at 8, 10 and 11pm. Not enough to clean the roof. 5.30, lovely, gentle rain. After 5 minutes, I got up to connect up the cisterns. The rain had stopped, by the time I'd put my waterproofs on., no water was running off the roof.The tiles were so dry, they'd absorbed the rainfall. Didn't connect up.
6.30.. A huge flash of lightning and a rolling thunderclap jerked us awake.
It poured down. After 5 minutes, I hopped out of bed, into my waterproofs, and connected up.
As I got back into bed, a noisy hailstorm rattled off the roof.. Perfect timing.
6mm of rain already into the tanks, 5 more due over the rest of today ..that's about 4 weeks of our usage.
But we have guests coming...!

There were lots of ice crystals high above Gran Canaria last night. The sunlight reflected off the moon then passed through the ice crystals and created a wonderful halo:

View attachment 42778

You'll be delighted to know that I return to the Beautiful Island later today.
Delighted, no doubt, not by my return but by my upcoming distinct lack of smugness.

Colin ???
We'll miss your modest, understated reports, Colin.
Are you aware that all airports, south of Stromness, are closed, due to freezing fog and ice.
Have a safe trip back.

As the rain had subsided into a steady drizzle and my waterproofs were already damp, I decided to go and give the van it's annual wash.
After giving it a good shampooing and a rub down, ,I squelched back indoors, expecting the rain to continue and rinse it off.
Silly me.
The sun broke through.
Jenny looked out and commented on the lovely rainbow.

It feels really good to be leaving Gran Canaria.
Because it's piddling down:

WP_20190218_14_47_55_Rich.jpg

Me let rain get in the way of smugging?
I don't think so.
And I'm confident that Pauljenny would love it here.

Colin ???

Last edited:
Lovely sunny day here also with just a slight breeze probably not far from marie!
Can you kindly, Northern lasses arrange for it to be a nice mild week in Northumberland , please.
We'll be around South Shields at the weekend.
We don't have the right clothes for a normal Geordie February .
Mind you, we're having a good practice ... It's cold grey and damp here.

Can you kindly, Northern lasses arrange for it to be a nice mild week in Northumberland , please.
We'll be around South Shields at the weekend.
We don't have the right clothes for a normal Geordie February .
Mind you, we're having a good practice ... It's cold grey and damp here.
Well Paul it’s forecast to be sunny over the weekend as well so my guess is your in luck ooh and by the way you don’t need a coat when you come from the northeast especially Newcastle! It’s been another sunny day here and tonight there is another super moon! Paul enjoy your weekend at “Shields”!

Back