Weather Report..................

Managed to get away for a bit of wild camping near Braemar - fantastic day today peaking at 13degC around lunchtime. Even treated Sue to lunch in the multi million pound refurbished Fife Arms Hotel, complete with a genuine Picasso and a genuine Freud on the walls. Well worth a visit if you’re in the area!

14B20FB5-616A-4631-B37E-3D765E123502.jpeg37EDC096-6080-4619-BAF6-91CA556EEDA2.jpeg

My daily cloud hunt is proving to be very time consuming here on Gran Canaria.
So until some turn up here is a picture of fish holidaying 100 metres along the coast:

WP_20190215_13_13_48_Rich (2).jpg

About 26°C in the shade and hot stretched out on my back searching the sky for cloud.

Colin ???

Same here, heavy dew, rather than frost.
There's a rumour that we might just see a little rain, over the weekend.
Bring it on !

You'll be aware that I've selflessly devoted countless hours searching for clouds here on Gran Canaria over the past week or so.
It hasn't been easy.
I came here to relax, do some reading, plan upcoming moho activities.........

Late this afternoon I was focused on a promising area of sky to the east above a rocky outcrop at about 500 metres when a sixth sense told me to turn 180° on the lounger.
Bingo!
There on the horizon a small group of clouds was attempting to slip by me.
I quickly switched the Opticron 8x30 binoculars (a great option for cloud tracking duties) for a camera and snapped:

WP_20190215_19_17_43_Rich (3).jpg

About 15°C forecast overnight and a breeze sufficiently strong to generate crashing waves directly below us.

Colin ???

Only 12 degrees at 8am.
15 now. Breezy, light clouds.
They are still hinting about rain,tomorrow and Monday.
Management decided we need a new handbag.
We've been on a tour if the markets.
Luckily she found just what we needed at the second market..only 15 miles . away.. She's chuffed, having haggled 10€ off the price.. A first time, for her.
Seems like the years of training are finally paying off.
Anybody want to buy a handbag, pre-loved, one lady owner, above average mileage.

A warm start to the day here in the Canary Islands.
With a middle dominated by sunshine.
And a hugely satisfying finish:

View attachment 42718

Like the local wine, I'm told.

Colin ???
I'm sure that I speak for all your regular audience , by hoping that your return flight is not snowbound .
Should this happen, I'm also sure Bill won't mind collecting you, eventually, at Glasgow airport.
Being hardy, Bill prefers to drive with the heating off and the cab windows open.
It's a 3 Dimplex night here.

Morning all,
12 cloudy degrees at the crack of 8.30.
Feels like it may rain.
Periero, the goatherd, was sitting on his usual rock, sipping from a beer bottle, as the flock munched and frolicked on the ruin. He was wearing his Sunday Duffle coat.. A bad sign.
" Will we get some rain, then?", I asked, noticing that he wasn't carrying his umbrella.
" No, the clouds are too white".
So we decided on breakfast on the terrace
As I decapitated my boiled egg, I swear I felt a raindrop on my hand.
Some showers forecast,this afternoon... Proper rain due at 3am.

WP_20190217_09_16_10_Pro (2).jpg

Back