Weather Report..................

A beautiful morning here at the Brighton C&MC we are leaving and heading east for our next beach location it’s been fabulous doing Brighton again it’s a few years since we did the Lanes I’m thinking it was about 4 years when we took Charlie and Karen to see the Lanes and the North Laines we do the same little Italian cafe/ bistro for lunch his Tagliatelle never disappoints ???
Si Signore 23 Sydney St
4292D467-C9DE-4672-AC1B-D270D1B78C9F.jpegFD26A2CC-A799-4503-A26E-71F99A284884.jpeg

Last edited:
Busy morning shopping. The managers had their lists, I had mine.
We broke a plate after breakfast. The terrace tiles are very unforgiving.
Hot and windless in the town, we arranged to meet in a central bar
When unpacking the bags, we are now the proud owners of 18 new plates..
Wed all visited the same shop at different times .
I think we'll open a Greek restaurant.
Back under the parasol, both ladies siesta-ing .
Peace reigns .... Until our daughter arrives tomorrow.

Today we went to see the Abri du Cap Blanc relief carvings just outside Les Eyzies de Tayac. The carvings consist of a frieze about 35 metres long.
15000 years or so ago people carved horses, bison and other animals (some of the carvings are about 2 metres long) into the limestone cliff below a huge overhang which provided them with shelter. Subsequently a large part of the overhang collapsed, covering the carvings until their discovery in 1907.
To stand in front of carvings produced by Paleolithic people I found quite emotional (as I did on a previous visit to see the cave paintings at Pech Merle):

IMG_20190621_161956-01.jpeg

IMG_20190621_162033-01.jpeg

The guide explained that archeologists:

1. Have no idea why ancient people chose to carve under this huge rock overhang or
2. Why they chose to communicate via sculpture.

I retorted that it's blöödy obvious:

1. It's persisting down out there, and
2. Then, as now, there was a rubbish 4g signal.

Colin ???

Earlier today it was pretty damp here in Southwest France. Chateau Commarque, for instance, wasn't supposed to be seen thus:

IMG_20190621_140033.jpg

.........though right now here in Périgeaux the sun has set the clouds all a-glow:

IMG_20190621_214716-01.jpeg

...........which apparently heralds some very high temperatures in the coming few days.

Colin ???

Earlier today it was pretty damp here in Southwest France. Chateau Commarque, for instance, wasn't supposed to be seen thus:

View attachment 46856

.........though right now here in Périgeaux the sun has set the clouds all a-glow:

View attachment 46857

...........which apparently heralds some very high temperatures in the coming few days.

Colin ???
Yes Colin
Red sky at night
Shepherds delight
Red sky at morn
Shepherds forlorn

Because his cottage is on fire???

I'm surprised you were allowed in,
At Santallana Del mar, Northern Spain, they have similar cave art. admission is very restricted
They have built a complete copy, perfect in every detail, state of the art audio visual and lit. enough parking and, I'm told a brilliant gift shop.
We were directed there, with the other plebs, while Bill Clinton was visiting the original.
keep 'am coming Colin.

Apologies for that late post about Colin's cave art.
Don't know why it didn't work when I pressed the go button. I was sober,last night..ish!
Weather.. ?
Nothing unusual for the time of year.
Not even a sneezing neighbour to report

3 day holiday in the village, Gipsy market tomorrow, music ,food and dancing in the square tonight and tomorrow night
Our daughter has chosen a great time to visit

I'm surprised you were allowed in,
At Santallana Del mar, Northern Spain, they have similar cave art. admission is very restricted
They have built a complete copy, perfect in every detail, state of the art audio visual and lit. enough parking and, I'm told a brilliant gift shop.
We were directed there, with the other plebs, while Bill Clinton was visiting the original.
keep 'am coming Colin.

There are three sites in that vicinity, Paul, all within a radius of 3 kilometres. And all have a very limited number of places available for visitors. For example, one has cave paintings and allows roughly 45 visitors per day, though the actual number depends on the oxygen (!) levels near the paintings on any particular day. I jest not. People started to put bums on numbered seats outside the ticket office for that site at 0730 on the day we arrived for opening at 0930!
At Lascaux, France, you'll be aware that they have also built a replica of the original (Lascaux 2) for visitors to view.

Colin ???

Back