Weather Report..................

Sweet memories, Colin.
At 34' under the parasol ot 1500, it was nearly getting uncomfortable.
A pint of iced lime juice, with the faintest hint of Medronho, the local drain cleaner, meat tenderiser, smug filter cleaner, firewater, ensured a calm afternoon.
I think I can safely put my long johns away.

much cooler than yesterday,,,,,which was a beasutiful day...........thunder and lightening forecast...ooooo......
van is down here...so may have a night out in it. was thinking of going to a nice spot by the river this morning and having brekki in the van..........however..its a bit overcast........
all have a nice day whatever you are doing.......

Back from The Gipsy market. Hot and sunny. An hour at the bar, drinking beer and catching up with passing friends and neighbours.
Big shopping session, haggling with the stall holders. Lots of drama, walking away and being tempted back, to settle at just below half the asking price .
BBQ chicken, belly pork , salad red wine.. Less than 4€ a head.
Siesta now.
Fiesta in the village tonight, then off to the fireworks by midnight.

Yesterday we woke at the aire in Périgeaux under a light grey sky.
It's a short walk into the lovely old town where the Saturday market was in full swing and the colour of the sky showed a distinct improvement:

IMG_20190622_123218.jpg

IMG_20190622_111945.jpg

Inside the magnificent multi-domed Cathedral the master stonemasons of old had done their magic, making stone look like cloth with folds:

IMG_20190622_134200.jpg

There are several routes that pilgrims can tread when following St James' example and walking to Santiago. Along each of the paths can be found the cockle (or scallop) shell marking the path, and one of the routes passes through Périgeaux:

IMG_20190622_125418.jpg

We came across all sorts in the town, including this organ owner out in the sun doing some grinding:

IMG_20190622_125133.jpg

And it strikes me that Medieval town planners had solved the problem of land shortage long before we even knew we had a problem:

IMG_20190622_142416.jpg

IMG_20190622_101545.jpg

Today it's hot, dry, humid.
So we went to a vide-grenier (car boot sale) where Jane paid perfectly good money for somebody else's rubbish.

Colin ???

You can’t leave it there, what gems did you buy ........... ??

The Collector of Other People's Unwanted Stuff bought an old oak magazine rack, an old cork screw with a twisted vine handle labelled with a Beaune vintner's name (Leon Holland), a wicker instrument of torture that I'm assured is used for hitting the crāp out of carpet (that one had me seriously worried until I had that assurance).........

I, on the other hand, don't read magazines, have a Swiss army knife for opening other people's wine bottles, have fitted carpets that would be awkward to take into the garden for beating........

The ARShow will soon, no doubt, be in a town near you.

Colin ???

Last edited:
The fireworks were astounding. We got Jenny in pole position, sat in a folding chair by 11.15. There are 2 bridges 200 metres apart. One is the launch platform for the display. We were plonked in the middle of the other. The square was crammed wit folk , many in their Sunday finery, dancing to a one man, high tech accordion band., buying food and drinks from the booths and bars. The Mojito bar was doing fine business. A fine, velvety night.
Hi
The riverside walks were crowed with incomers and Gipsy balloon vendors.by 11.30 there was not a space by our bridge rails.
Exactly 8 minutes.of perfection..all taking place in a compact zone, about 100 feet and 45 degrees above us.
Back to bed by 1.30, the music from the village fiesta still drifting our way.
Nobody stirred until 8.30. The thermometer showed 40 degrees. By 10.15, as we were breakfasting, the wind changed,it clouded over, the temperature plummeted to 29 degrees.. The forecast is for 0.3 mm of rain before lunch...
Mmmm ! We'll see.

Back