Weather Report..................

I heard some very distant thunder about 2300 last evening.
And that was as exciting as it got!

Today it's about 21°C, grey and still in Cornwall.
So we're taking the 5-Year-Old Birthday Girl to the beach. I can't wait.

Colin ???

You missed an impressive show Colin! I knew it was coming when a strong breeze started wafting the bedroom curtains around when there hadn't been a breath of air before... plus I had a blinding headache, despite having drunk gallons of water through the day! Must have been around midnight but I grabbed some paracetamol and went outside to watch the fireworks for about an hour... until the heavens opened. Spectacular! Today everything looks the picture of serene innocence :giggle:

We were rudely awakened at 2 am by the loudest thunderstorm I've ever heard and lashing it down quickly shut the window that was left open to allow some air as it was so warm. Went to work was misty but turned into another sunny day in Chorley

Another glorious day here after a misty start but that soon cleared away,and the thermometer in the garden was reading 30degs we had a thunderstorm and rain last night about 3-30 couple of claps of thunder but the rain was lashing down and forecast for a hotter day tomorrow

another hot day forecast ...as if you didnt know already......managing so far to keep cool....
tip to keep cool............buy cool mat which dogs use...to put under the sheet at night.

hows your mum fairing chris......has she got settled in.......

all enjoy the day...
oh forgtot to mention........yellow weather report for this afternoon 3pm.......thunder lightening and RAIN....

Took dog for walk in the woods at 7.30am and it was still warm. Now it is scorching and muggy, she is asleep in front of the fan while we carry on normal life! Usually she sneaks outside to sit in the sun and just sits indoors for a minute to cool but it must be too hot even or her...and we thought she had no sense! Sunhats, sunscreen and lots of water everyone!

It was already 30 degrees here at 9am! I'm off to Essex... could you all summon up some kind traffic vibes for me please? I'm dreading being stuck in traffic somewhere with no aircon in the van :eek: Mind you, if I'm properly stuck, I could always take a shower :LOL:

The sun in Cornwall has been a little shy this morning but there's every indication that this afternoon will be warm and (hopefully) sunny.
So I've brought the Moho further west to explore some National Trust properties between Truro and Cape Cornwall (what a rubbish name that beautiful area has been burdened with).

Colin ???

It's got warmer and more humid as the day has progressed here in Cornwall.
At the Trelissick NT property the sky had lots of blue:

IMG_20190725_124439.jpg

.....with wonderful views across Carrick Roads:

IMG_20190725_130239.jpg

Then on to the Cornish Mining World Heritage Site. I visited East Pool mine which has Taylor's Engine House and the nearby Michell's Engine House. Both amazing pieces of our industrial heritage. This is the inner half of Taylor's beam above the 90" bore steam engine proper:

IMG_20190725_150607.jpg

Tonight I plan to wildcamp north east of Hayle overlooking St Ives bay.

Colin ???

Well, hasn't it been hot ☀?, but it didn't stop me doing more carpet cleaning and as I had a third big brown bins for garden stuff delivered yesterday, I filled it with half of my holly bush, cutting up into small pieces and jumping in the bin lots of times to squash it down.
I just hope they take all three brown bins as the other two are bl**dy heavy, holly less so.
Now just chilling, Kath cooking fish, ?? so just have to decide which wine ?

put all bush clippings in decent sizes...not too big........get hedge trimmers and cut stick it in big and cut it all up whilst in bin.........when its all gone down...you can then sick more cutting in etc. do the same till bin is full...........works a treat.....makes more room in bin also.........happy clipping...very theraputic

It’s been really hot here today Iitnwas 32 degs before 9 this morning and it steadily became hotter until the thermometer in the garden said 41 degs with no air and when there was a slight breeze that was also warm!..and tonight the temperature in the passage reads 26 degs,outside it’s calm and warm,so another very humid night no thunderstorms here

Back