Weather Report..................

Thank you for the good traffic vibes everyone... I made it to Essex in good time with just the usual queue up to the Dartford Tunnel. Not sure it was a wise move though... look what happened next! :eek:

Excellent storm this evening though... it came through so fast it almost took our awnings with it!

woke up this morning... early.....very overcast looked as tho a storm was brewing......ah lovely i says to myself...it wont be too hot today......went back to sleep...woke again 8am......gosh ....full sun was out and it was HOT.
had a mighty rain shower yesterday...lasted all of 2 mins????
all keep cool

I know not weather, but just to say, the bin men took all three large brown bins.
So today, I will be holly bush cutting and filling bins again :D
do they charge you for each bin which they empty..........here i think its a standing charge for the year for one bin....then extra for each additional bin.......

A very peaceful and enjoyable wildcamp here last night. We had a short, sharp, shower overnight which had dried away by 0700. Now it's bright with warm air gently wafting across St Ives bay with great views of St Ives town in the distance.
Now I plan to go further west - but not too far lest I get very wet indeed.

Colin ???

A couple weeks ago, I ordered a second bin, and all good and delivered last Friday. Yesterday they delivered an other
I am not going to tell them am I
So the other was £30 with a free one ha ha hs
BOGOF , Graham..Bin one, get one free..
?
Northerly breezes shelter the south facing terrace. Lovely cool breakfast, until the sun arose.. 28 degrees...Now 32 in the shade.
Don't know what the full sunshine temperature is... I'm not going there.

This morning the end of the South West Peninsular was blessed with a mainly blue sky and gentle, warm breezes coming from the west.
So I parked at Trevor Tin Mine (owned by Cornwall County Council but NT have a reciprocal parking arrangement since larger vehicles are not encouraged at Levant) and walked along the coast path to NT Levant Mine:

IMG_20190726_125030.jpg

.......and working steam engine:

IMG_20190726_121127.jpg

What a gem! This is the last working lifting (as opposed to pumping) steam engine in Cornwall.
One of the lowly workers left the mine in the 1800's and took his skills to South Africa where he worked for De Beers. He gradually worked through the organisation and returned to Cornwall the equivalent of a millionaire. Here he built a huge house and new state-of-the-art facilities for the miners including four baths for a shift of 150 men:

IMG_20190726_120615.jpg

......and drying facilities for their clothes, all heated by surplus energy from the engine house.
Then further along the coast path to Botallack and it's amazing engine houses perched near the base of the cliffs:

IMG_20190726_134749.jpg

IMG_20190726_134949.jpg

I feel privileged to have had such wonderful weather in this special place but perhaps more importantly to have had a glimpse of the incredibly hard, dangerous and demanding life the miners and their families had in order to survive in all weathers at the very end of England.

Colin ???

It was threatening thunderstorms all day but it was after 6 when we had a few spots of rain first..and then the heavens opened firstly it was thunder then the lightening for me it didn’t last long enough for Malcolm it lasted too long..lol.. we thought it would be a lot cooler but no it wasn’t and it isn’t the temperature still says 23.5 in the passage!

Well were do I start, its very grey and still, damp and still very warm, maybe its going to thunder and lighten opening the heavens
It was less grey and still earlier when I went dog walking maybe i'ts building up for the big one, save's me a job with watering the plants

Well were do I start, its very grey and still, damp and still very warm, maybe its going to thunder and lighten opening the heavens
It was less grey and still earlier when I went dog walking maybe i'ts building up for the big one, save's me a job with watering the plants
Still the same not doing anything its like a picture that as been painted and left, when?

Here at my wildcamp looking out over the Atlantic Ocean it's a lovely start to the day:

IMG_20190727_085419.jpg

......with air currently at about 17°C and a barely perceptible breeze.
A perfect spot for breakfast.

Colin ???

Back