Weather Report..................

It's sunny in Santa Catarina da Fonte do Bispo, too.
Celebrated Yorkshire Day by walking into the village, wearing tasteful Yorkshire T shirts and raised the White Rose flag aloft, over our table, outside the bakery. Had great fun winding up the usual crowd of ex pats. Mostly southerners, Lancastrians and even some from south of Derby, would you believe..?
Beer was drunk, cricket was listened to on Test Match Special and we had pork pie, mushies and mint sauce, for us tea.
The only things missing were fog, a gale and torrential rain.
Maybe we'll have better luck next year ?
nay lad, where wuz y flat cap???
good that you celebrated YORKSHIRE DAY tho...especially being all that many miles away......good on yer.....

It's bright white above Cornwall this morning. The sun clearly intends showing it's face just to prove the forecasters wrong.
A great attitude.

Colin ???

Great pic Colin, colours and cloud formation absolutely make it, I thought you would have "photoshopped" the wind turbine though ?
It's a sign that his smug filter needs emptying, Dave..
It's been working flat out for weeks.!
Hot, but breezy, keeps life just about bearable .
Luckily, there's another fiesta tonight, in the village square, starting at 10pm. Music, fire jugglers, dancing in the cool of the night .We'll walk down and join them.. It raises money for local good causes .

It was a lovely morning and early afternoon here, so took my Xantia out to keep it’s wheels turning, the 2cv still being sick due to a delay in getting spares.

B52D3587-D66A-4B92-AF0B-9886DFC6D52D.jpeg

It’s been a good day for the Xantia as I managed to acquire a set of spare ecus which will keep it up and running should one fail.
This afternoon there has been lots of thunder rumbling, but locally it’s stayed dry so far. ???

At this time of the year
"Luckily, there's another fiesta tonight, in the village square, starting at 10pm. Music, fire jugglers, dancing in the cool of the night .We'll walk down and join them.. It raises money for local good causes"

It sounds like there is a fiesta every night in your village square ......... ?

Every other weekend, Dave.
But neighbouring villages have their own ones as well.
At this time of the the year, there's very little that can be done in the olive , citrus, fig and nut orchards . The pruning and fire clearance precautions were finished by Mid May and the land is baked too hard to work.
The locals work from 6.30 to 10, take a long lunch/siesta and do a similar stint when it cools down again.
By 10pm, it's still too warm to sit watching TV.
Our go-ahead mayor has introduced these events right in the village centre, manned by the local sports and motorcycle clubs.
10€ buys you a table and chairs for the night, drinks are 1€ a glass,.Free sardines on the BbQ, perfume the air . There's a hog roast at 3€ a handful . Dancing until about 3 am.
We were planning to walk in, we can hear the accordionist doing sound checks... But it's too pleasant sat on the upper terrace, a calm 24 degrees, good music on Jango and red wine at 18 degrees ... Gotta drink it before it gets too warm.
Pressure, pressure, Pressure.. !
Goodnight .

Last edited:
Goostrey has a proper village festival and crowning of the Rose Queen, on the last weekend in June .. like something out a 1950s Ealing comedy.
We usually park up at The Red Lion , a POI , as it's about Jenny's birthday .
Not this year, though .
The spot where we normally park, behind my son's house in Altrincham , was flooded, last week and is on yellow alert .

Sadly the forecast for the next couple of days is not good so river levels will be staying high, the temporary flood barriers in Northwich are still in place. Yes Goostrey and Whitegate are 2 of the quaint festivals still going along with the Moulton Crow Fair, I seem to remember that we played at the Goostrey festival many years ago now.

We had a couple of light showers in Cornwall overnight and this morning it looks as if there's enough water left above us for one or two more.

My thoughts are with the people of Whaley Bridge today as they wait to see if the bad weather forecast for their area materialises. If it does I hope that the amazing efforts put in by the services brings the fruit it deserves and their homes and loved ones are safe.

Colin ???

beautiful morning.....thunder forecast for afternoon............been sat in the garden......clipping seed pods off the wallflowers.........hopefully i may be able to start some seedlings off next month..........although im not green fingered.....so maybe wasting my time.
yes i really feel for the folk of whaley bridge..........cant imagine what they must be going thru........hope all ends well.

all have a good day.

Back