Weather Report..................

bright sunshine and quite hot early morning.....now looking doubtful and overcast wouldnt surprise me if it rained within the next hour............ do i chance going to market or staying comfortable at home.......see what weather is like at lunch time.......
all enjoy your day

Dawned hot and calm, after a windy night.
Good day for spending under the parasols, once I'm finished filling and painting a crack that appeared in the bedroom wall.. We have 3000+ measurable seismic incidents per year, here. It didn't wake either of us.
Good stuff, that white Port!

We certainly had some exciting weather this afternoon, I suspect that I spotted a couple of funnel clouds shortly before some of the heaviest rain I’ve ever seen, and I’ve lived near the equator in Africa and Asia! It was accompanied by quite large hail.
I’ve lived here for over 30 years and never seen the road flood, but it did today. ☔☔☔☔☔

C9624ACD-E66F-4414-A8D0-B69E96844D08.jpeg

The weather has improved dramatically as the day's progressed, so we climbed the hill adjacent to the house, wandered across the clover and grass field whilst making clover chains - and admired the view of St Austell Bay in the distance:

IMG_20190731_173746.jpg

That's more like it!

Colin ???

Very strange day warm at times but then the heavens would open and hammer down for about 10 minutes at a time spent most of the time on my round taking my rain coat on and off got soaked a few times when not near enough to my post van to get coat on in time
That never happened to Postman Pat, Steve..
We still have nightmares about the episode when his hat blew off.
Lovely cool 28 degrees at 7.pm after 40 at lunchtime.
Struggle on , trying to keep your heads above water ... This foul weather can't last for ever, can it ?

We certainly had some exciting weather this afternoon, I suspect that I spotted a couple of funnel clouds shortly before some of the heaviest rain I’ve ever seen, and I’ve lived near the equator in Africa and Asia! It was accompanied by quite large hail.
I’ve lived here for over 30 years and never seen the road flood, but it did today. ☔☔☔☔☔

View attachment 48107
dont know about exciting 2cv..........panic, anxious , frightening...ohhhh.........looks as tho another good downpour and it would be going into the houses........Hmmmm

another bright and breezy morning so far.........may get some showers later.........and its
YORKSHIRE DAY today.......lots of cake and cupper meetings going on around the county
FILEY lifeboat day this weekend....i think.??????
WHITBY has a traction engine rally also............
everyone have a good day

dont know about exciting 2cv..........panic, anxious , frightening...ohhhh.........looks as tho another good downpour and it would be going into the houses........Hmmmm

My first concern was that the hailstones would be big enought to damage the van. It was amazing how quickly the flood happened, but also how quickly it went back to normal when the rain eased.
Lovely morning today, but more heavy showers due. ??☔☔☔☔

Back